#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Is travel an issue when it comes to love & commitment? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is travel an issue when it comes to love & commitment?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2011 11:08

Like many of you I'm sure, sometimes it can be difficult dating and looking for love because we're so busy focused on our careers or finding potential commitment or marriage minded people in our city that's why I like having the option for love opportunities from different parts of the country.

Have long distance relationships or travel relationships worked out for you all during the first stages of dating? I don't mind putting in the time and effort to meet and date if I know I'll find love and commitment. I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't serious and ready to settle down.

Its frustrating dating around only to find out we're not on the same page don't you think?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 08, 2012 06:45

not easy . To work you need to click early on. My friends had a long distance relationship from this site one lived in Isle of Man UK, other lived in US , they made it work and are now happily married . One relocated and its worked .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 31, 2012 07:59

For what it is worth, here is my thought.

I have been contacted consistently by women throughout the country and world. In fact, seems like the further away the woman the more beautiful. Very tempting, but invariably I begin to feel like I am being taken advantage of financially. Too often a hand is out waiting for me to take out the AmEx to get her somewhere.

I am looking for an independent woman so I add to my criteria when looking st a woman outside my area for a sign of financial and professional independence.

I like the idea of the commitment a distance commitment requires but at some point you have to be around each other in a real day to day relationship, unless we are just happy with dating with no long tee, commitment.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2012 07:09

Nah... doesn't work.
Tried it.  Did it for 6 months with someone I had dated for over a year before that...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 24, 2012 07:27

Interesting. Yeah I think the majority of us feel te same way when to comes to long distance relationships. I think it definitely has to go to full time status faster than a normal relationship and put more effort into making it work

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2011 20:25

A long distance relationship and traveling to and from has not worked out for me.  I tried.  I crashed and burned... it all went down in flames.  But I do hope others are more lucky than I.