#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Why should millionaires choose me?....... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why should millionaires choose me?.......
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 04:32

Whether you've got millions or not, you have to trust someone some time and I'm searching for a "friend" here, NOT because I'm a gold-digger but because I'm not into gentlemen on the other sites who are of modest income and who prefer fishing, ski-dooing, lying around by the fireplace, hanging at the cottage, driving in the country and camping. I've spent many of my younger years doing those things but it's just not my thing right now.
I don't absolutely HATE it, but it doesn't fit with my busy city lifestyle and career at this time. If I dated a man who wanted to take me out to his country home or farm or camper trailer to relax ... I wouldn't. I'd be anxious and wondering if he had a PC I could use and if I should call so -and- so on my cell or if I needed something in town that I won't be able to find because it's not a big city.
I have been dating, mostly men who meet me in the city and wine and dine with me and while he is quickly checking his emails, I am as well. I'm not a fanatic about my business, but I can't just drop everything to trek into the wilderness to hunt partridge or Arctic Char or something either! The city life suits my needs right now.
That's why I'm here. I was hoping there would be an abundance of eligible guys who could afford to visit me no matter the distance or cost or would be living somewhere romantic or exotic that I might like to visit or might go to on business. I'd also like to meet a man with a business brain who I could consult with on corporate matters that confound me, so I might take advantage of his advice and expertise.
I'm sure some of the drop-dead gorgeous women on this site have other matters on their agenda besides spending their date's cash as well. If I were a millionaire, (as I will soon be some day) I'd take a shot at inviting potential interests out for a Pretty Woman type of romantic evening, one they could well afford if they weren't afraid of opportunists or only concerned with "scoring" but were open to it if it should look like a possibility.
Anyway ... I just wanted to dispell the myth that all women want is money. Security, maybe. Romance, definitely. Fun, absolutely! Sex, a possibility. And a soul connection ... ideally.
Life is short ... but wide. Don't waste it by hesitating. Tempest fugits!

Kate

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 16:06

ExtremeMakover....if you are worth as much as you lie.....errrr say that you do, then you can buy your own underwear! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 15:58

I happen to love successful, driven men. I am that way and wouldn't want to be with a man that wasn't my equal or MORE! Sometimes sacrifices (like the blackberry thing) have to be taken into account for the benefits that a successful man can bring to your life and vice versa with a successful woman. I work a lot and have to have a man that understands that. Luckily I found one! My ex-hubby certainly didn't appreciate my hard work....:-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 15:56

Great post Heatherf......I agree with you wholeheartedly. Those that dispel the value of having money or say they don't want it or it doesn't matter....haven't lived part of their lives having the benefits in life that money can bring. It's nice to not have to worry about it and nice to not fight with your spouse over not having enough of it! Anyway, great post! Good luck...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 23:52

I think that a millionaire should choose me because:

A) I'm worth over $100 Mil per year myself.

B) I've done a lot of self-improvement. Sure I could gain the weight back but my plastic surgeon's on speed-dial! Lipo rocks!

PICK ME, PICK ME!! I need new underwear...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 10:38

I think Katiegirl said it all - wanting to be with a man who is successful and ambitious who can provide a feeling of satisfaction and security in life that only comes from being financially secure does not make one a "gold digger". I was raised in a wealthy family where I felt that kind of security, and had the means to travel the world, vacation and enjoy the best in life; I just want to have the same for me and my daughter. I make a good living and have supported myself and my daughter for years, but it sure is tiring doing it all on my own. I am very independent, but it gets lonely. I miss sharing my life and my space with a partner. I have dated only one millionaire, who lived in another state, and always had the best time with him. I loved going to the nicest restaurants and staying in the most luxurious hotels - having money provides a means to enjoy the luxuries life has to offer, and anyone who says they would not want a more luxurious lifestyle would be lying. Having money was the only way I was able to enjoy snow skiing throughout my life ever since I was 5 - it is a very expensive sport and expensive to stay in a rental or hotel. There are so many fun experiences to be had in life, the one lifre we have to live, but these experiences are not free. Not all wealthy men treat women like they want to be treated, but I have found that the education, experience, success and ambition of a man makes him more classy and worldly. The guy I dated travelled all over the world for his business, and I loved hearing about his many adventures and wished I could have travelled with him. There are no men like this where I live and practically everyone I know is married. No singles scene for my age here at all - college town. I'm still waiting for that ideal man to find me and realize the woman he's found in me; I refuse to ever settle for less than what I know I want again. No one should.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 07:53

I have to agree with Sharp1 on this. Lose the cell phone and pager. It's distracting and rude. Why do people fell it necessary to bring these along on dates? My theory is that they are insecure and want to be sure that their date recongnizes loud and clear that "I'm not a loser! See! My phone's ringing!". I might add that women are just as much to blame for this as the men.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 02:33

Katiegirl that was very well said and very true!!...S4U

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 01:55

I dated a well off business man last Spring who always took me to the finest restaurants. On the first & second date he was constantly answering his Blackberry & returning calls! It was impossible to have a conversation! It reminded me of when kids are young...no sooner do you get on the phone and they are there constantly interrupting, making conversation impossible. After the 2nd date I told him lose the cell...this is not fun, it is frustrating. And it is extremely rude!