#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > What are U looking 4 in a partner? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What are U looking 4 in a partner?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 26, 2005 08:22

It?s taken me 2 years of online dating to zero in on what I'm looking for. I started out just wanting to meet men who wouldn't ordinarily come to my house, knock on the door & ask if I was looking for someone to go out with. But sitting at home, working from my home office, I wasn't meeting ANYBODY except clients. And who wants to date a client?
So, I have narrowed my criteria considerably.
I want to find a man who is confident & successful. I'm not shy & I scare the hell out of shy men. I want to have fun, I want to laugh until my cheeks ache. I've done that with men. It's the absolute best. I'm not hung up on looks but I'm only human & I appreciate a man who is generally in shape & attractive. I have a crush on a man who is married & therefore unobtainable. He's got a receding hairline, a bit of a belt-overlap & he's JUST an inch taller than me. But he's the sexiest guy I know, a sweet, thoughtful, handsome, excruciatingly funny man. I could fall in love with him if it wasn't for the fact that someone else already did, before me.
I want a man I can talk for hours with, one I can nurture & gather in my arms& be embraced back. I want someone to treat me special, to be interested in me & share his life with me in return. I want to be there for him, to always be on his side, to give him wise advice if he wants it. I want to get out & explore the world before I can?t. My Dad was itching for his 60th birthday when he was going to drive my mom all over Canada & the US after he retired. Instead he had a massive stroke at 59 & never walked or talked again.
I want to share my love of adventure & movies & TV & I want someone to show me how to scuba-dive. I want quality. Quantity, in the form of years together, is not fixed. Quality is.
I have no interest in changing a man. I have my own life & so wouldn?t be a millstone around his neck. I will however, be dragging him away for fun often, even if his job doesn?t like it. I don?t intimida...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2005 01:00

Yes Ed, you are correct. You are not the married man of whom I speak. But you are a character, that's for sure.

And I'd like to stress the importance of this fact ....... I said I had a CRUSH on the married guy. I didn't say I was having sex with him. I just think he's a darling, but, like I said ... another woman found him way before I did. Nuff said.

Note: That means I'm still looking for MY OWN man.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2005 20:30

Sexy, you probably don't want help, but if you ever do, I have your back! How about "Brevity is the soul of wit?" and then add plenty of curtsies and bows on your way out!

XOXO

~C

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2005 01:44

Bob, I started one a short while back entitled, "What do you bring to the table?"
Check it out and tell us what you bring!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 17:33

Maybe instead of focusing on what you want in a partner, you could focus on what you are offering. Isn't it tough to sell something (ourselves) by saying this is what I want? The right approach is what you offer.

Doesn't everyone want physical attraction (some different than others), to cuddle and hug and kiss and...? So why don't you start a thread on what you are offering...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 14:48

I agree with everything you said Katie. It takes awhile to know what you really want...even to go thru the guys who have characterisitc you don't want first.
I need someone strong and outgoing as I'm on the shy side at first, but once I'm comfortable with someone, can discuss, debate and talk about just about any subject, still working on the quantum physics area tho.

Yes to being together, and loving each other and having quality time even over quantity.
Someone who can handle me being independent but still loving, liking to laugh until my cheeks hurt, doing little things together; walking the dog, washing each other's hair, cooking, gardening, go for a ride in the car or boat. Sure, I love the theatre and movies and going out for dinner but doesn't have to be every night.
Just hanging out together, talking, holding hands, watching a classic movie, reading on the couch playing footsie, those are the little things I miss about having a partner.
Someone you can come home to and say today was terrible and here's why and they listen and give you a big hug and it doesn't matter anymore.
Those are the characteristics of a man I miss.
His success is icing on the cake, and something that makes you proud of him, his personal cheerleader and friend.
And now to find this wonderful man?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 04:31

Well said Katie....I feel the exact same way! Only I have never been in love/lust with a married man.

Oops, sorry Ed honey....I forgot that you post on these forums!! I do wuv you my little bunny honey!! ;-)