#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > What I Love About Men... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What I Love About Men...
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 12:53

katiegrl write:
Min, aren't we sentimental sweeties? MEN TAKE NOTE! WOMEN ARE SENTIMENTAL SWEETIES. Well, most of us are.

I was in La Senza today. (Canada's Victoria's Secret). I was standing behind this well-dressed guy who was buying a filmy lavender Babydoll top with matching thong panties. (I was purchasing a bubblegum pink bra; Cubster knows the size). LOL

I said behind him, "Do you feel cool standing in this store in the line up, or are you freaked out?"

He turned around with a surprised grin. "I feel cool!" he said.

"You are cool!" I replied.

"I'm buying this for my girlfriend," he whispered. "I'm trying to get it before she comes by and sees me."

"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing special," he said.

Are there anymore men out there like that? Can I have the opportunity of meeting you? I want take a picture in case I ever get into a discussion on the existence of such a marvellous creature. I already have some pics of the real Santa Claus.

Not quite, Katie, it was Frederick's, was for my (now ex) wife, and it was because it was Friday. Or it was Iris Silks, by mail, for my (now ex) girlfriend, because it was for the 4th anniversary of the night we met, although she claimed not to rememnber. It wasn't enough: we did not celebrate the 5th.

Thank you all for your insights, which must seem de rigeur to you, but as I write my romance stories, it's the little things women have told me, in person or on boards like this, that make my heroines authentic. Be well,

Bill/ wilfred06/ pen name Jean de Cherie

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 00:40

ScrippsRanchMel write:

Can the same outfit be purchased at Walmart and have the same sentimental value? :-)

Yes, but when she puts it on, it will probably itch, and not fit right. Spring for the LaPerla! Neither of you will be disappointed.

I'm just joking. I would have to purchase the outfit someplace special so she can have bragging rights to her friends.

Did you ever hear of the 10 cow wife? I read this story in Light Her Fire.

There was this village maiden. A father always told his daughter that she was not pretty. That when she got married that he would be lucky to have a man give one cow in trade for his daughter. It was customary to give the father of the daughter two-to-three cows in trade. The daughter always looked unhappy and not very pretty.

One day she falls in love with a man from a neighboring village. They decide to get married. The man shows up with 10 cows in trade for the daughter. The father is astonished as well as the maiden.

The father accepted the trade. Later, when they were alone she asked the man why 10 cows? He responded because you are so beautiful. From that day on she brighten up, put a big smile on her face, dressed better and the entire village noticed.

You see, it is the thought put behind the purchase to show a woman you love her is as important as the gift itself.

Therefore, no Walmart for me and my loved one.

That is so you, Mel. But as the woman on the side of the gift exchange, I wouldn't care if it came from a Thrift Store ... when a man gives me a gift, I cherish it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 18:29

Can the same outfit be purchased at Walmart and have the same sentimental value? :-)

Yes, but when she puts it on, it will probably itch, and not fit right. Spring for the LaPerla! Neither of you will be disappointed.

I'm just joking. I would have to purchase the outfit someplace special so she can have bragging rights to her friends.

Did you ever hear of the 10 cow wife? I read this story in Light Her Fire.

There was this village maiden. A father always told his daughter that she was not pretty. That when she got married that he would be lucky to have a man give one cow in trade for his daughter. It was customary to give the father of the daughter two-to-three cows in trade. The daughter always looked unhappy and not very pretty.

One day she falls in love with a man from a neighboring village. They decide to get married. The man shows up with 10 cows in trade for the daughter. The father is astonished as well as the maiden.

The father accepted the trade. Later, when they were alone she asked the man why 10 cows? He responded because you are so beautiful. From that day on she brighten up, put a big smile on her face, dressed better and the entire village noticed.

You see, it is the thought put behind the purchase to show a woman you love her is as important as the gift itself.

Therefore, no Walmart for me and my loved one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 16:03

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2005 11:09

the thing I love the most about men are their' rough hands... they're so big and not the smoothest.. but they're just right... when they caress you, you can feel that it's a little rough but full of love in it...

and plus they can open jars for me because I cant.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 20:12

katiegrl write:
Min, aren't we sentimental sweeties? MEN TAKE NOTE! WOMEN ARE SENTIMENTAL SWEETIES. Well, most of us are.

I was in La Senza today. (Canada's Victoria's Secret). I was standing behind this well-dressed guy who was buying a filmy lavender Babydoll top with matching thong panties. (I was purchasing a bubblegum pink bra; Cubster knows the size). LOL

I said behind him, "Do you feel cool standing in this store in the line up, or are you freaked out?"

"I'm buying this for my girlfriend," he whispered. "I'm trying to get it before she comes by and sees me."

"What's the occasion?"

Are there anymore men out there like that? Can I have the opportunity of meeting you? I want take a picture in case I ever get into a discussion on the existence of such a marvellous creature. I already have some pics of the real Santa Claus.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 19:16

Minerva415 write:

katiegrl write:

"What's the occasion?"

Yeah I think we are Katie. But I do think there are a lot of men who are too - they just hate to admit it - lol.

Nice encounter you had there. I want a man like that too.

Uuuuhmm... just one little thing.... could you elaborate on that last line:
"(I was purchasing a bubblegum pink bra; Cubster knows the size)"

I'm intrigued....

Oh. Well ... uh ... like, you know Cubbie has that great collection of Cubberbum pics, huh? Okay, well ... he was talkin' to one of the other guys and they told him my , ... uh size. I don't know how they knew.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 17:20

oh this thread is getting harder and harder to read as my heart seems to break at the thought of what I have been missing for so many years - a real man & genetlemen.
- hands, strong, clean hands with a school ring - my fav. the X ring for a university our way.
- being in his arms with the thought that there is no other place I would rather be or feel so safe & loved
- are there any out there ladies?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 02:39

katiegrl write:

thegoodlife2005 write:
I love a man's strong hands . . . sigh!

the crinkles around his eyes

his arms

his chest

(ooohhh no, I'm moving south, better stop!)

I love the way he opens doors for me and tips his head ever so slightly in my direction . . .

I love the way he "fixes" things

I love the way he makes me feel safe and secure in this crazy world.

. . . sigh!

Me too.

Me three.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 02:38

katiegrl write:

"What's the occasion?"

Yeah I think we are Katie. But I do think there are a lot of men who are too - they just hate to admit it - lol.

Nice encounter you had there. I want a man like that too.

Uuuuhmm... just one little thing.... could you elaborate on that last line:
"(I was purchasing a bubblegum pink bra; Cubster knows the size)"

I'm intrigued....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 20:35

"What's the occasion?"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 19:55

thegoodlife2005 write:

his arms

his chest

I love the way he opens doors for me and tips his head ever so slightly in my direction . . .

. . . sigh!

Me too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 16:05

his arms

his chest

. . . sigh!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 10:08

*sigh*... you're all just making me weak at the knees here.... Maayan, Katie.. .all your lovely stories...

I also love a man who plays an instrument and more specifically the piano. There's something almost irresistible watching a man play a beautiful classical piece (either on piano or classical guitar)
The electric guitar - now that's very sexy!

I agree with a lot of the things you all listed- but most of all, how a man smells. Hm hm hmmmm...!
And so many other things. I'll have to come back to this one.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 18, 2005 10:16

-the electricity that flows from that first initial kiss with soft tenderness turning to increasing passion
- agree totally about the smell - love the scent of a man
- the beads of sweat on a muscular body as he shows his masculine strength in some physical exercise - woooh is it getting hot in here
- when a man opens the door for me no matter what door because it his pleasure and not his duty
- a single smile with a single red rose
- when a man truly listens out of interest in your topic and not just because you have a skirt on

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 22:53

maayan write:
What I love about men, aahhh of course it is the way they woo you, even from far away distance land ... even if you may not ever going to meet each other. How could I not love this one man, when he wrote with such words and conviction?

"You are my one and only love in the whole world. Dark haired asian beauty. Head all messed up because of written words on screen. Love radiating out from your monitor and a spell upon your mind. Confusion over what to do, ignoring the men knocking on your home door. Thinking of only my loving. Try the reality check but it will not be successful. The fire won't douse because I have the hose, not you. My dowry is myself and yours is you, equal gifts on a grand scale. Now take these words my love and write. Expand on them, fill them in with full ideas and many paragraphs and comtemplate how they fill in the ongoing story to which there is no reality check. I look forward to reading your imagination. Yours."

Now, can anyone blame a girl for loving this one man?

Maayan ... a man wrote that to you? I think I love him too!!! LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 22:50

Ecam write:
Come-on now, you can do better then that, tell us more..

I was leaving some for the other girls! (Or, as a tolerant Canadian, other GUYS too!)

- I love how simple men are, but I still "assume" devious, clandestine, nefarious things from them. LOL

- I love how men smell. Any time.

- I love it that they love sex because that means we have something important in common.

- I love protective men.

- I love men who do really stupid idiot things that could have gotten them killed ... and they knew it and went and did it anyway. lol

- I love men with an exceptional sense of humour.

- I love men who aren't control-freaks but just let stuff roll off their backs.

- I love men who are "afraid" of women with PMS because it's one of the few times we unleash our "power" and even then, we can't hurt them (unless we have a weapon or are behind the wheel of a large vehicle.)

I bet Dommie has some errotic reasons why she loves men. Oh ... and the other MM babes!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 14:39

Come-on now, you can do better then that, tell us more..