#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Is MillionaireMatch a good place 2 meet? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is MillionaireMatch a good place 2 meet?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 14, 2005 01:37

I've been online dating for over a year and I just joined MM.com this week. I don't know ... the photos might not be real because I have not seen so many drop dead gorgeous men on one dating site as I have here! This is definately eye candy heaven.
But what about dating oportunities? Are they good? Is it better for the men than the women? On all the other dating sites, most people basically want sex. They say they are down to earth, fun, live life to the fullest, see the glass half full, hate playing games, etc. etc., etc... but what it all means is - hey! I like you! Let's have sex!
Not that I'm knocking it, it's not like I was shock to discover the primary agenda, but I'm wondering if people actually meet through this site. Any success stories?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 17:20

I am very new to this site but I have to say the people I have talked to have been very nice and genuine. We are all willing to take the risks to find that one special person, or what one seeks, and personal sites are just a good avenue to do so. As in dating outside of the internet , one should use the same caution and safety when getting to know someone. If you feel someone is a fake, its simple. End it. Thats it. Block and its over. Moving on is as easy as 123. Done. I wish all of you good luck on finding what you search for. Take care and Bless our Troops...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 22:52

Ok 1HM i will digress a min as i must have missed this one. U R right tallUK did make a statement on himself. An yes that is a horrible picture. I am sure he could do a little better. And i agree with both you and Saks on most of anything in telling people the truth. So we will concede that point and stop there..

As to the fake profile to you 007P. Personally after reading yours i think you fit in the fake profile category. No one with any sincerity in finding dates would write something like that. Well maybe an idiot would. You have to be one of the most negative men i have met on here by way of postings. There are very few fake profiles from men and woman as opposed to how many are not. There is a select group whio does it. I think you have to be one of those. Too much talk on fake profiles!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 13:54

I've seen a lot of negative opinions about this site and/or experiences on it. I have only been on here for a couple of months and I have received real interest from real people. Sure, if you search through the profiles you're probably going to see some that aren't real but you can usually read through their descriptions (or look at the photos) and figure out who is actually expressing their true self and what they are seeking and who isn't. Use common sense and ask some simple questions about the ones you're interested in or who show interest in you. I don't think your chances of finding a 'soul mate' here are any more or less than on comparable sites. This site seems to take on a false persona because of it's namesake but there are definitely real people here, like me, searching for what they haven't found yet. Good luck in your search!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 08:29

recently while in Dallas ,met a very nice lady from this site for lunch.
I was very skeptical but went to the meeting with an open mind.
We met at 12:30 and before i knew it it was 4pm and i had missed the meeting that i was in Dallas for.
The unfortunate thing is that our business side of life doesn't allow us to meet each other needs.
But we agreed to stay in contact. So i guess what i am trying to say is that.
This site offers a place to meet people. But you have to read the profiles very carefully
and do your homework and make informed decisions. Don't let your mind add things or take away things that are not there otherwise in the end it won't work.
Just my .02

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 16:17

I might have to agree with 007 there seems to be a lot of fake profiles or they are so old the people are dead . Anyone know how long this site has been around? Have fun Peoples

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 14:57

Hate to tell you this, but I would be willing to bet that MOST of the female profiles here are REAL. Most of us aren't here to lie or uank men's chains. We are here for a reason. Why lie???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 11:34

007P - you've made your comments that there are fake profiles in several threads. That's fine and certainly, there are indeed some profiles where the people aren't being honest about what they look like and/or who they are. Jeez - I've seen actual Playboy centerfolds used for profile pics.
But instead of painting everyone witht the same brush, why not just come out and state who you think the fake profiles are? You'd be doing all of us a service by doing so.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 00:53

MM: worst place. Most profiles are fake. Real vs. fake.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 20, 2005 16:28

I am new....to this site. I have to agree it has a lot of beautiful people on it. It also is one of the slowest I have ever been on. Why does it take 24 hours to post a message? I could change my mind in that time. And where are all the men? I have been reading threads all day and only a handful of men have ever posted. I guess they are the silent type....lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 19, 2005 01:53

all the girls i have met have been sweet. not actually what i expected on a site liike this. Many women are willing to meet halfway on first meeting and they are so nice. it makes me want to overboard on next meeting

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 19, 2005 00:48

Awww hmama thanks for the compliments...I think your photo is really cute and you're obviously intelligent and together. I almost felt bad later after saying that picture stuff, but Gawd if I see one more of an old guy on a harley, with shades and a hat who wonders why I ask for another photo, I'll scream. I saw a guy on another site, his screen name was BedRmEyes and he had 3 photos -- all with shades on! Well hell, how could I even see his eyes??? LOL.

To be honest, I'm not getting much other than fun on the boards here at MM. The strange thing is, I get a letter, I respond, and then never hear from the guy again...what's up with that? You'd think at this age I'd understand, but I don't...and I'm not responding badly. I thank them and say something nice about their profile, maybe ask a question or two and that's it, so I can't quite figure it out.

The other point I want to reiterate is that today, with all the camera phones and digital cameras, it's no big deal to stand there and take a photo. The new one of me was taken a week ago at my office after a friend sent me flowers. I wanted to send him a photo of me with them, and one of my office friends took it for me. It took all of 5 minutes. That's why I don't buy all the excuses about no photo. The guy doesn't have to be stunning, I just want to see the character in the face, the look in his eyes, and very importantly -- is he smiling, or frowning? If he's frowning in every one, I'm not going to be attracted, no matter how handsome he is. So the photos are important.

I'm glad some of you have found someone here, maybe I'll get lucky too, and thanks for all the fun on these boards. I find most everyone intelligent and fun!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 21:34

To everyone - By the way, just because you think someone's picture is 'ugly' that does not mean that everyone else thinks so... I met someone who looked (quote/un-quote) ugly to me once, on another site and was still willing to meet him in person... to my surprise he was gorgeous in person! So, simply ask nicely for another picture or several pictures (up close and far away) then you can decide. Lastly, as far as the pictures (no matter how beautiful or gorgoeus they may seem) MEAN absolutely nothing IF when you meet there is NO CHEMISTRY!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 14:37

Lol I just joined myself, I've never done n.e. of these match things b4 but its cool to have someone keep u company when u can't sleep and r bored crazy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 13:49

I also agree with 1tallsweetie....I keep saying that the pictures are the most important. And to the other gal that said email and ask for more.....NO!! Have you not been inundated with email?? Well, I have....and others on here that I know have. You write and ask for MORE pictures because the one on there is bad, however the profile is written well, so you take a chance. The man emails (in some cases) more pictures that are just as bad or worse. Now you are in a bad postiion because he writes asking what you thought of them!! Now you have to tell him that you are not attracted to them. I have had this bite me in the rear, because some psycho couldn't believe that you are not attracted to him. Check out my post in the Sisterhood forum on the guy and his story.
Anyway, if the men had a decent, close picture up to begin with, then we wouldn't have to go through all this trouble. It's all about time, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the time to waste like that. Either you are attracted and take the steps to get to know, or you are not.

1tallsweetie, you are beautiful and so very nice.....I hope you find what you are looking for! Dawn, mostly I agree with you....but honesty is honesty. This is a public forum and we are all adults who should be able to take the truth if someone gives it to us. Now if Saks had said something completely out of line and went overboard.....well then, that's a different story! Saying someone has a bad picture up is not out of line in my opinion.
Moving on!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 13:42

The question was posed on a public forum, if he wanted opinions that are private, then he needs to email specific people for them. Public is public no matter what the question.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 12:21

I must say ive meet alot of gentleman through this site. Ive made some great best friends(guys) not a match yet. Yet, i am hopeful. Had one terrible date with Mr. Stud he was nice on the phone within 10 min all he could talk about was sex. Probably have been on 70 dates and have had a great time. I have meet some beatiful men in and out.. Just dont judge a book by its cover. My advice look at the beauty within because we all connected together in some way. When you see beauty within, you see beauty within yourself too. Think of it as meeting a best friend and take it from there. I still talk to everyone of them.. We go flying in their planes or yachting or travel as friends. Has been a great experience.. wouldnt change it for the world.
Lizzy37

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 23:43

Dear Bob and Saks, first of all, Saks, thanks for the compliments, you photo is very lovely as well. Bob, I only addressed the older guys because that's who I'm looking for, and for some reason, most of them put terrible pictures on. If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. I 'm not here to trash anyone, just frustrated at the poor quality of some photos used here. It's so easy to take a halfway decent photo these days, I just don't understand it. Bob, go look at the older men's profiles some time, you'll see what I mean.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 18:17

I would like to tell bob11 thanks for your post on this forum, I agree there is always a way to make a point without hurting someone's feelings...
nobody have rights to insolt another person, even you look good.
Sorry if I make mistaks, I still learning

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 11:38

Saks you are a beautiful woman but Bob is right. You can say things with a little tact and not be so insulting(trust me i know)I was just like you and i had to learn and i still slip. Yes if someone asks you can be honest with tact and it will be constructive criticism not just criticism. On here too may personalities to come back on you as you have seen.
As for 1tall she is very sweet and i don't think she would have said that to him even though she thought it. And would have been tactful if she did. I have taken that from her emails. We probably all agree with you but if anyone ask you a question like that and you feel like you just have to comment, then write them a personal email. Of course if you like the attention then thats a mute point. You make a point in saying if we ask our mate or even an aquaintance or friend, you want an honest answer. Well you will get it from a friend and u won't be insulted because "you asked",an aquaintance probably will not for fear of hurting your feelings.And your mate will tell u probably but each of these things are in a 1/1 situation not a 1/100,000 or however many people read this. Quite a different story. So you can continue by all means but you will always butt heads with people that have tact. It shows character and on that i do agree you need to improve.