MillionaireMatch & Luxury Forum > Romance > Is MillionaireMatch a good place 2 meet? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is MillionaireMatch a good place 2 meet?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 14, 2005 01:37

I've been online dating for over a year and I just joined MM.com this week. I don't know ... the photos might not be real because I have not seen so many drop dead gorgeous men on one dating site as I have here! This is definately eye candy heaven.
But what about dating oportunities? Are they good? Is it better for the men than the women? On all the other dating sites, most people basically want sex. They say they are down to earth, fun, live life to the fullest, see the glass half full, hate playing games, etc. etc., etc... but what it all means is - hey! I like you! Let's have sex!
Not that I'm knocking it, it's not like I was shock to discover the primary agenda, but I'm wondering if people actually meet through this site. Any success stories?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 17:20

I am very new to this site but I have to say the people I have talked to have been very nice and genuine. We are all willing to take the risks to find that one special person, or what one seeks, and personal sites are just a good avenue to do so. As in dating outside of the internet , one should use the same caution and safety when getting to know someone. If you feel someone is a fake, its simple. End it. Thats it. Block and its over. Moving on is as easy as 123. Done. I wish all of you good luck on finding what you search for. Take care and Bless our Troops...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 08:29

recently while in Dallas ,met a very nice lady from this site for lunch.
I was very skeptical but went to the meeting with an open mind.
We met at 12:30 and before i knew it it was 4pm and i had missed the meeting that i was in Dallas for.
The unfortunate thing is that our business side of life doesn't allow us to meet each other needs.
But we agreed to stay in contact. So i guess what i am trying to say is that.
This site offers a place to meet people. But you have to read the profiles very carefully
and do your homework and make informed decisions. Don't let your mind add things or take away things that are not there otherwise in the end it won't work.
Just my .02

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 11:34

007P - you've made your comments that there are fake profiles in several threads. That's fine and certainly, there are indeed some profiles where the people aren't being honest about what they look like and/or who they are. Jeez - I've seen actual Playboy centerfolds used for profile pics.
But instead of painting everyone witht the same brush, why not just come out and state who you think the fake profiles are? You'd be doing all of us a service by doing so.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 21, 2005 00:53

MM: worst place. Most profiles are fake. Real vs. fake.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 20, 2005 16:28

I am new....to this site. I have to agree it has a lot of beautiful people on it. It also is one of the slowest I have ever been on. Why does it take 24 hours to post a message? I could change my mind in that time. And where are all the men? I have been reading threads all day and only a handful of men have ever posted. I guess they are the silent type....lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 19, 2005 01:53

all the girls i have met have been sweet. not actually what i expected on a site liike this. Many women are willing to meet halfway on first meeting and they are so nice. it makes me want to overboard on next meeting

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 19, 2005 00:48

Awww hmama thanks for the compliments...I think your photo is really cute and you're obviously intelligent and together. I almost felt bad later after saying that picture stuff, but Gawd if I see one more of an old guy on a harley, with shades and a hat who wonders why I ask for another photo, I'll scream. I saw a guy on another site, his screen name was BedRmEyes and he had 3 photos -- all with shades on! Well hell, how could I even see his eyes??? LOL.

To be honest, I'm not getting much other than fun on the boards here at MM. The strange thing is, I get a letter, I respond, and then never hear from the guy again...what's up with that? You'd think at this age I'd understand, but I don't...and I'm not responding badly. I thank them and say something nice about their profile, maybe ask a question or two and that's it, so I can't quite figure it out.

The other point I want to reiterate is that today, with all the camera phones and digital cameras, it's no big deal to stand there and take a photo. The new one of me was taken a week ago at my office after a friend sent me flowers. I wanted to send him a photo of me with them, and one of my office friends took it for me. It took all of 5 minutes. That's why I don't buy all the excuses about no photo. The guy doesn't have to be stunning, I just want to see the character in the face, the look in his eyes, and very importantly -- is he smiling, or frowning? If he's frowning in every one, I'm not going to be attracted, no matter how handsome he is. So the photos are important.

I'm glad some of you have found someone here, maybe I'll get lucky too, and thanks for all the fun on these boards. I find most everyone intelligent and fun!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 14:37

Lol I just joined myself, I've never done n.e. of these match things b4 but its cool to have someone keep u company when u can't sleep and r bored crazy

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 12:21

I must say ive meet alot of gentleman through this site. Ive made some great best friends(guys) not a match yet. Yet, i am hopeful. Had one terrible date with Mr. Stud he was nice on the phone within 10 min all he could talk about was sex. Probably have been on 70 dates and have had a great time. I have meet some beatiful men in and out.. Just dont judge a book by its cover. My advice look at the beauty within because we all connected together in some way. When you see beauty within, you see beauty within yourself too. Think of it as meeting a best friend and take it from there. I still talk to everyone of them.. We go flying in their planes or yachting or travel as friends. Has been a great experience.. wouldnt change it for the world.
Lizzy37

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 23:43

Dear Bob and Saks, first of all, Saks, thanks for the compliments, you photo is very lovely as well. Bob, I only addressed the older guys because that's who I'm looking for, and for some reason, most of them put terrible pictures on. If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. I 'm not here to trash anyone, just frustrated at the poor quality of some photos used here. It's so easy to take a halfway decent photo these days, I just don't understand it. Bob, go look at the older men's profiles some time, you'll see what I mean.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 18:17

I would like to tell bob11 thanks for your post on this forum, I agree there is always a way to make a point without hurting someone's feelings...
nobody have rights to insolt another person, even you look good.
Sorry if I make mistaks, I still learning

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 10:15

Hello All Im a newbie to this site so Im still sifting thru this site to see what kind of stuff is here but gosh its definitely eye candy here from the few photos of people Ive looked at. Is th is all to good to be true or can it happen on t his site what hasnt happened elswhere? So Ill be checking back and forth to see if someone is interested. Good Luck all !!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 20:29

Saks5th, you are so right, and said what I've thought soooo many times but never did for fear of hurting feelings....but honestly, some of you older guys, get a clue. Everyone's got one friend that could take a decent picture for you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 05:52

Hi ;-) to all of the beautiful people on here...Seems this singles site has the most handsome men and prettiest women on the net!

True Beauty lies within and shines by your actions and words and leaves a lasting impression... Being mean and leaving harsh words on their profiles and message boards to anybody makes any beauty VERY ugly....

I've conversed with some really nice men met a couple of them & also made some wonderful women friends off of here!

Good Luck everyone! Have fun!! Ciao

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 19:06

And your definition of "real" woud be what???? When you live in Vegas the word takes on a whole new meaning! LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 04:46

klimber...i dont think they can get any more real than the 'realdeal'! tee-hee...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 02, 2005 04:11

I do not have any regrets I joined this site. The message board is fun to read, the forums are pretty insightful, and the women friends I have made are so very nice...as for a man...well distance is a huge factor for me. There is someone for everyone, however, and maybe my day will come.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 01, 2005 14:18

There are some terrific men and women both here...as well as some loons.It's not so different really than your average city...it takes time and patience to find the good ones...Life is good...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 01, 2005 13:39

Hello there I am still finding my way around this site. Despite alot of people viewing my profile I have had very little luck with responses. I am from the UK and would prefer a british guy however I would also love to communicate with guys from USA. I think that most of the guys are looking for younger women what do you think?