#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > Writer looking for his muse.... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Writer looking for his muse....
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 14, 2010 00:36

I'm putting this here because my profile might not show up for a number of folks based on location and other factors, and I wanted to kind of cast the net a bit wide.

I'm a writer, living in Los Angeles. I've been working successfully in television and film for over twenty years. I'm happy, grounded, divorced, have my own home, I'm stable and totally non-drama, non-pushy. I don't drink, gamble, smoke or do drugs. (I don't mind if the other person drinks socially, but smoking is a deal breaker.) I indulge in coffee, chocolate and my affection for cats. That's as far as my vices go.

On the financial side, yes, technically I'm in the millionaire class, but it's not extreme. I earn between 2-5M per year. That's a lot by some standards, but here in LA, it's not breath-taking. It's enough for a happy, stable life.

There's the notion that if one gets involved with a millionaire, it's a life of private jets and jaunts around the world. And for a lot of people that's true. But it isn't the case for all folks in that category, and I suppose I'm one of them. Which is why I'm writing this, so I can find someone who understands what this life is, and isn't, in the hope that I can find the right one with whom to share it.

Do I know celebrities, actors and directors? Yes. Can I get them on the phone? Yes. Do I hang with them? Not as a rule, because writers generally don't hang with that crowd. We just don't. Do I travel the globe? A bit. In the last few years I've been in Paris, London, Berlin...mainly on business when a film or other project is being produced. Do I travel in a private plane? No, but I do generally travel first, I do tend to stay at the better hotels, and I like five-star dining. But I'm equally happy stopping at a diner for a burger as I am at Club 21 in New York.

Most of my time is spent at home, writing, here in my office. I have a very relaxed, low-stress life, a nice home that's very much a guy home (meaning it has style but not beauty), a great pool and expansive yard...bottom line, I'm kind of a homebody, both personally and due to the work.

So what I guess I'm really looking for is someone who's okay with all that, who isn't looking for the exotic side, the jet set life, but just wants to be happy, and stable, and enjoy life. Someone who can drag me out from time to time to see the rest of the world beyond my keyboard, because sometimes I do forget it's there. Someone who would enjoy making a home, eating out as well as eating in, going to movies and plays and just generally having a nice, fun, non-drama existence.

Age-wise, I'm generally open to early to late 40s, but I can be pursuaded up or down that range for the right person, should she come along. I tend to be attracted to woman-next-door looks, not a big fan of plastic surgery, I think a woman should look like a woman, not a plastic doll or a model. I tend to put brains, personality and style way ahead of appearance. Looks fade, but a mind can be enjoyed long afterward. Also very open on location, which is the main reason I'm posting this here. If everything else clicks, geography can always be worked out. I will confess that I'm partial to blondes and redheads, and a tall attractive woman can drive me to my knees. But again, all of that is superficial, just a preference that doesn't impinge upon who the person really is.

If you're a user of people or drugs, a scam artist, burned out or jaded or angry, we won't mesh. If you're smart and funny and eccentric and gentle outside but strong inside, let's talk.

I haven't appended a photo or provided more personal information because I am more than a little well known within my area. I can say that I'm tall (6'3"), with gray-silver hair that's a bit thin but not unattractive, average build, caucasian, polite, soft-spoken, I still believe in chivalry, and in general just a nice guy looking for someone with whom I can share the success I've earned.

It may be an impossible dream, but that's what writers work with every day, so I figured it's worth a shot....

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2012 18:05

Artist looking for her muse...Still wondering if you have found yours yet...

I live my life as the main character of my own story. I have started writing about my adventures and misadventures. I am always looking at my life as a work in progress. I can't wait to see how my story ends. I like the chapters I have lived so far (for all the struggles, joys and magical experiences). At this stage of my life I am looking for a place to stretch out like a cat, play with clay and find the arms that will make me feel like I am home.

Joe, what are you really looking for? If you had to write your story, how would you like it to end?

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 01, 2011 03:10

I think,Men who love cats are real men,cause cats have female nature. But not all women are catlike) and those who are not usually have problems with men).I believe it will be such a pleasant and interesting experience to video skype with you),if you find time.I'm not sure about the age range,but...things happen) who knows.. No I'm not calling myself a star or cumpulsively asking to write book about my life( if I decide I will do it myself),but I usually carefully select people to talk with(for life is not too long) to the good and to the bad), therefor there are few. Sencerily I will be happy to start with a nice friendship with you,anyways). And Good luck in your search for real harmony!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 23, 2011 07:32

I wrote a very interesting story. if you need one pls let me know. thanks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2011 00:10

I am a simple easy going person and I love cats just lost my precious Vivaca after 20 good years but it still took time to get over her and I came to the terms that she had a good 20 years and was there for me and I her. Enough of that...just tells you I don't go looking for a partner as I feel when its time the right person will be there. I am not a material person and tend to give a lot to others in need but that makes me happy to make them happy...I'm responsible but don't save just pay bills and help ASPCA but I am a home body and really don't like the bar or party scene even though once in a while I will go only because its with famous people I have run into in my life. I don't give names or details as I have morals and the one time I did I seemed to have friends that were users and it wasn't for me. I have an identical twin and we are a riot together...we have written out life events and they are pretty wild and funny and we laugh when we get together alone but don't plan on publishing or anything its just between us and laughter is the best medicine and we do this twice a year as she lives in Bellevue (Seattle suburb) and I in the Tri-Cities eastern WA. I am going to visit her on Friday the 29th for 2 weeks and we have our wild thing going on and one is May 3rd event no I won't tell what but its one of our major antics so far....sorry for all this information but that is who I am and if people don't like me for me its no loss to me as I don;t ever need to be in a place where i have to act and put on airs for someone to like me because I am happier being alone than being used or having to have to be someone I am not because its that kind of crowd and I do not care for plastic anything on myself as it looks to fake and I like me the way I am...if you ever want to sit and listen to my twin sis and I I guarantee you will laugh so hard it will hurt...my sis and her friends are anxiously awaiting my arrival friday for the entertainment...other than that i am real and simple and caring and like the quiet life.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 19, 2011 22:53

Well... tell you what... you write a few chapters... I will go ride my Jumper/Eventer for the afternoon... we can meet to make dinner.. and you use me as a sounding board... I have a vivid,energetic mind... a bit convoluted here and there.. but love creative!

Can't promise any input... however... can offer an ear and a general opinion/vibe/feeling...( if you like).. or you can just listen to me prattle on about the fresh air, scenery, my horses progress... with much gusto!

Please do tell me what you are writing! As you can probably tell my only writing is in the form of News Director ( radio)... that is why my copy is sort of run on lol

Look forward to hearing from you ...Cheers!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2011 13:56

What you've written is beautiful, and it's honest....
and it's good to hear that there is someone else that wants to nurture themselves by doing things that are good for the soul and avoiding the dreaded "jet-set"...

If you ever come to the UK I would love to meet you....

here's me being a muse for a photographer as Joan of Arc...it's about as un-glamorous as it gets!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 25, 2011 20:41

now, just take a closer look at my picture, and you can tell a story...since you a writer? look into my eyes and tell me...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 25, 2011 20:38

if you are a writer, then, can you write something about myself, just by looking at my picture? I will tell you honestly? my eyes dont tell a lie!!!

hope to hear from you..

robie

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 01, 2010 06:42

Great information Joe,
You know what you want and explained it well. I am a vocalist and just enjoy life. All is wonderful in my world and the universe supplies all my needs. Hope to create a friendship here. Sending you rainbows.

Barbara

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 29, 2010 13:46

You sound very interesting. I love writers! I'm a Media major and I wouldn't have a job w/o the creative people who write the TV programs and films. Plus lots of movies are based on books; I think movies based on books are often deeper than the ones thrown together real fast. A book offers so much detail and description you can see it in your head before it becomes a movie :)

I might be younger than what you are looking for but I'm very mature for my age, I always have trouble with that cause I relate to older men more than ones my age. I'm very goal oriented and a hard worker, but I also have a sense of humor ;)

If you would like to talk feel free to contact me, cheers!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 28, 2010 03:02

Have you found her yet?

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Nov 11, 2010 16:54

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm new here so it's new to me! :) Your profile was great. It's hard to find people looking for authenticity in LA, but seeing that I'm not the only one out there gives me hope, so thank you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 17, 2010 02:13

Hi
I'm a bit younger than what you are looking for, but you do sound interesting. I read way too much and long to meet a gentleman, are they only in the novels i read? surely not. I would love to have a chat sometimes i am mature for my age. Email Me if you like. I would love to see a picture of you if that's ok?

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 03, 2010 06:41

What a nice profile, a nice quite simple life its really what its all about!Good luck darlin!...Noelle

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 24, 2010 01:55

Hi J

Am a an author - working on my fifth book now. It would be nice to exchange emails and please can I come and write in the sun!

x

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 21, 2010 16:29

Hello Mr. Writer,

I am a muse that doesn't fit all the description, you wont fall to your knees

because i'm a petite short woman with a zest for life. A dry sense of humour

a bit prudish, dresses up polished, who doesn't enjoy the red carpet fashions

or the fashion plolice humour show. I'm a sensible woman that enjoys the finer things

in life and grounded with reality. I'm not a knock out but pretty. 

I'm not plastic up but if i need a bit of work to enjoy my youthful look that has matured yes, i'll be doing that.. But i am not your girl next door, but i'm likely the smartly dressed businesswoman that knows where she is going..reliable and sane.

Oh yes, of course i would be older too. Lucky me lucky you..do you have an friend that sounds like you but is into a worldly mature woman, still thinks she's 40 and acts often like 30 or maybe 40 or 50..

If so, maybe you can tell him to check me out.

Have a wonderful time at the keyboard, beats typewriter days.

Smiles.

JL   

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 20, 2010 07:19

Excellent profile Joe.... down to earth... loved it