#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Sports and travel > Football!!!!! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Football!!!!!
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2005 21:53

I love football :)

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 22:50

I guess I'll jump in here. I'll have to talk about other teams since there is no football in sunny LA (waaaaaahhhhhhh).

Amen about Terrell (baby) Owens, Rock! He even made a Letrell Sprewell comment about having a family to take care of. Is your family going to starve at $49 million over 7 years? That should pay the rent. If Philly canned his sorry rear, then I would root for them. With him there? 0-16 sounnds great to me. If he was so instrumental how come Frisco was an under .500 team for the last few years?

As for Dallas, I have a hard time rooting for a team that names itself "America's Team" (you listening Atlanta Braves?). Nobody asked me! Maybe it's old feelings coming out from the wars with the Rams in the 60s and 70s.

Here's hoping the Tennessee Titans come to LA with Norm Chow running the offense.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 09, 2005 20:13

I have been a 49er fan all my life, well for as long as I can remember. I sure hope that Alex Smith will be the beginning of us going to the next Superbowl. As far as T.O. goes, good bye. I'm sick of hearing his B.S.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 21:20

You are correct, Lion, Montana was the best I have ever seen. It will take a few years before we know how good Alex Smith is going to be -- we can hope as 49er fans --- LOL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 03, 2005 18:42

49Er fan since I was a small boy growing up in SF. Season ticket holder since 1968. Owens is the second most physically talented receiver for the 49ers in my lifetime. The very best is unquestionably Jerry Rice. But Owens was so much of a cancer in the locker room that nobody -- fans, players, or 49er officials wanted him to stay. Most unpopular player to wear the uniform since I have followed the team. By the time he left nobody had anything good to say about his character and many thought he was mentally ill. I attended a party not long before Philadelphia traded for him. Many 49er payers and coaches were there. The players were taking bets on how long Owens would be with his next team before he outlived his welcome and was kicked out. The average was 2-3 years and the max was 5 years. Cub -- Cleveland has been rebuilding forever. Last great team they had was when they were in the NFL before the merger and Jim Brown was still playing for them.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 03, 2005 13:24

eagles fan here.....guess i'll just say that and keep the rebuttal to myself like a lady should(til you back her in a corner then LOOK OUT!...lol!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 01, 2005 22:45

ill get you my pretty
and your little dog too

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 01, 2005 22:16

can we compromise and discuss baseball?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 01, 2005 14:33

Terrell Owens.

The guy has style, he has swagger, he's blessed with physical talent, he has an imagination and a sense of humor.

Two years ago he was a larger than life Muhammad Ali (okay, not nearly as great) type figure who you either loved or you hated. You sure didn't mind having him on your fantasy football team.

And now this.

A no less than class act like Donovan McNabb LOBBIES his team to bring Owens to his team, the Philadelphia Eagles. Three teams AND the NFL make a mockery of league rules and protocol and combine to allow Owens to nix a deal which, by rights, would have sent the wide receiver to Baltimore. So, the cry-baby got his way, and went to the Eagles. Bet they rue that day in the city of brotherly shove now.

Let's go back to All-world Owens' days as a San Francisco 49'er. He QUESTIONS the sexual orientation of his starting QB (the ONE guy on the team whose manhood you don't question). Owens criticizes the front office. Blasts the coaching for their play-calling, which doesn't get the ball to him as much as he likes.

Granted, other players have done all this before, it's nothing new. But when you add all the shenanigans that Owens has committed to call attention to himself, which admittedly are humorous), and then toss onto the heap that he's a cry-baby whiner who's never happy with anything but the "me, Me, ME" stuff, suddenly it isn't funny any more. It's pathetic, moronic, selfish behavior.

Now Owens wants a new deal in Philly, has hired the most prominent agent for pounding out deals a sports figure could have, Drew Rosenhaus, and he's holding out of the Eagles' mini-camp, breaching a clause in the standard NFL player contract, which could cost him 1.8 million dollers.

Why the despicable behavior, Terrell? Before you were a notorious figure who people either liked or disliked, there was no in between.

Who likes you now? Besides you that is.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 15:21

This is great I was wondering if there were any COWBOY fans on this site.So who travels Irving,Texas anyone?I sure do & I will be there when they Retire the #22 jersey this year. I also have information on a great Sports Spectacular that will be going on in July in Edison, New Jersey...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 18, 2005 02:05

OH HELLZ YES!!!!!! I am right there with ya!;)

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 17, 2005 07:53

Oh wow....a fellow Cowboy fan....very cool Jen!

I get just as excited about football season as I do about buying a new pair of shoes...woohoo!!