Football!!!!! Sports and Travel

• View author's info posted on May 01, 2005 22:16

can we compromise and discuss baseball?
  • View author's info posted on May 01, 2005 14:33

Terrell Owens.

The guy has style, he has swagger, he's blessed with physical talent, he has an imagination and a sense of humor.

Two years ago he was a larger than life Muhammad Ali (okay, not nearly as great) type figure who you either loved or you hated. You sure didn't mind having him on your fantasy football team.

And now this.

A no less than class act like Donovan McNabb LOBBIES his team to bring Owens to his team, the Philadelphia Eagles. Three teams AND the NFL make a mockery of league rules and protocol and combine to allow Owens to nix a deal which, by rights, would have sent the wide receiver to Baltimore. So, the cry-baby got his way, and went to the Eagles. Bet they rue that day in the city of brotherly shove now.

Let's go back to All-world Owens' days as a San Francisco 49'er. He QUESTIONS the sexual orientation of his starting QB (the ONE guy on the team whose manhood you don't question). Owens criticizes the front office. Blasts the coaching for their play-calling, which doesn't get the ball to him as much as he likes.

Granted, other players have done all this before, it's nothing new. But when you add all the shenanigans that Owens has committed to call attention to himself, which admittedly are humorous), and then toss onto the heap that he's a cry-baby whiner who's never happy with anything but the "me, Me, ME" stuff, suddenly it isn't funny any more. It's pathetic, moronic, selfish behavior.

Now Owens wants a new deal in Philly, has hired the most prominent agent for pounding out deals a sports figure could have, Drew Rosenhaus, and he's holding out of the Eagles' mini-camp, breaching a clause in the standard NFL player contract, which could cost him 1.8 million dollers.

Why the despicable behavior, Terrell? Before you were a notorious figure who people either liked or disliked, there was no in between.

Who likes you now? Besides you that is.
  • View author's info posted on Mar 01, 2005 15:21

This is great I was wondering if there were any COWBOY fans on this site.So who travels Irving,Texas anyone?I sure do & I will be there when they Retire the #22 jersey this year. I also have information on a great Sports Spectacular that will be going on in July in Edison, New Jersey...
  • View author's info posted on Feb 17, 2005 07:53

Oh wow....a fellow Cowboy fan....very cool Jen!

I get just as excited about football season as I do about buying a new pair of shoes...woohoo!!
Follow - Email me when people comment