#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Interracial relationship > The Truth About African American Men and White American Women In Secret Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The Truth About African American Men and White American Women In Secret
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 20, 2005 14:32

I beleive each person has their own truth, and truth lives at many levels.

As each person becomes awake and takes the chance to step outside the box ~ a whole new world opens up.

I once had a great teacher who asked the question "who created the rules you are living by? It's their rules and meant for them to win by. Play by your own rules" Fair, care and share or what would Love do here.

It has been said that blind people have a great advantage over those with sight. They can tell who a person Is by what their voice says or not!

I choose a man by who he is and how he treats me.

Black and white make wonderful pictures.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2005 22:07

libitofafrica write:

You are absolutely right Juice, I think sectionalizing who created what leaves out the fact that these inventers are all members of the human race.

We've all benefited from their inventions as humans and that fact is most important.

Thanks, LibitoofAfrica ! ... although not all my thinking is considered PC,
I have found that modern understanding favors some happy thoughts about our possibilities. Ahhh, happy thoughts about the future are often thwarted by the fact that most folks don't have modern understanding....yet...though it is available to be assembled by each person in their own way...:)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2005 05:54

Sweetgrass write:
This is so true. I belong to a private group where white women come to get with black men. The attraction obviously is very strong but they rather deal with it in secret.

Now that's just wrong!
And what man or woman worth his/her salt would go for something like that...
You all must be some really sexLESS folks...MM made me take out the other words I had here, but I'm sure you get it....

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 11:47

juicebarIQ write:

Correlation is not causation. I suggest as humans, 'AI' can claim the other inventions too, and so can 'blacks.' Colors don't invent.
Thinkers do. Yes, the book sounds interesting, and admirable...just no reason to be too resolutely apart.

You are absolutely right Juice, I think sectionalizing who created what leaves out the fact that these inventers are all members of the human race.

We've all benefited from their inventions as humans and that fact is most important.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 18:58

robtest write:
ThatOnePlayer write:
You're sitting here saying, that your people died like warriors true. But, name a couple things Indians did for this country, that people celebrate besides Thanksgiving. why don't you name some Indian Activists that wen't down in history and people take a day off of work to celebrate. Why don't you have a full History Month that in every class across America celebrates. Wait, you don't. So, you're trying to say Indians are better then Blacks? I beg to differ.

A simple book for less than 20 dollars!!!!
15,000 Years of Invention and Innovation
American Indians of North, Meso-, and South America were the first to cultivate seventy-five percent of the many varities of food grown in the world today. Many pharmaceuticals in current use were first discovered by Indian healers centuries before the Europeans came to the Americas.

Freeze-dried food, syringes, rootbeer, rubberized clothing, beef jerky, and many of the tenets of the United States Constitution are only a few of the independent inventions and original discoveries that American Indian people gave to the world.

"The Encyclopedia of American Indian Contributions to the World" is the first A to Z reference book that extensively details and documents the inventiveness of American Indians.

Correlation is not causation. I suggest as humans, 'AI' can claim the other inventions too, and so can 'blacks.' Colors don't invent.
Thinkers do. Yes, the book sounds interesting, and admirable...just no reason to be too resolutely apart.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 13:16

And it only cost $0.00!!!!

Norbert Rillieux - Born the son of a French planter and a slave in New Orleans, Rillieux was educated in France. Returning to the U.S., he developed an evaporator for refining sugar, which he patented in 1846. Rillieux's evaporation technique is still used in the sugar industry and in the manufacture of soap and other products.

Benjamin Bradly - A slave, Bradley was employed at a printing office and later at the Annapolis Naval Academy, where he helped set up scientific experiments. In the 1840s he developed a steam engine for a war ship. Unable to patent his work, he sold it and with the proceeds purchased his freedom.

Elija McCoy - The son of escaped slaves from Kentucky, McCoy was born in Canada and educated in Scotland. Settling in Detroit, Michigan, he invented a lubricator for steam engines (patented 1872) and established his own manufacturing company. During his lifetime he acquired 57 patents.

Garrett Augustus Morgan
Born in Kentucky, Morgan invented a gas mask (patented 1914) that was used to protect soldiers from chlorine fumes during World War I. Morgan also received a patent (1923) for a traffic signal that featured automated STOP and GO signs. Morgan's invention was later replaced by traffic lights.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 13:05

Just 3 in amongst many.

African-American inventors:

Benjamin Banneker-constructed the first striking clock to be made in American, helped survey the boundaries for Washington, D.C. , and published an almanac, which he compiled based on his own astronomical observations.

George Washington Carver-During his career as a researcher and educator, he advocated innovative agricultural methods and developed hundreds of applications for certain agricultural products, such as the peanut.

Thomas Jennings-the first known African American to hold a patent, used the money he earned from his invention to fund abolitionist causes.

Some slaves, who were skilled craftsmen, did create devices or techniques that benefited their masters' enterprises. According to a decision by the federal government in 1858, though, neither the slave nor the slave owner could claim ownership rights to such an invention. In 1870, following the Civil War, the U.S. patent laws were revised so that anyone, regardless of race, could hold a patent. Consequently the number of patents issued to African Americans soared.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 22:38

ThatOnePlayer write:
You're sitting here saying, that your people died like warriors true. But, name a couple things Indians did for this country, that people celebrate besides Thanksgiving. why don't you name some Indian Activists that wen't down in history and people take a day off of work to celebrate. Why don't you have a full History Month that in every class across America celebrates. Wait, you don't. So, you're trying to say Indians are better then Blacks? I beg to differ.

A simple book for less than 20 dollars!!!!

15,000 Years of Invention and Innovation

American Indians of North, Meso-, and South America were the first to cultivate seventy-five percent of the many varities of food grown in the world today. Many pharmaceuticals in current use were first discovered by Indian healers centuries before the Europeans came to the Americas.

Freeze-dried food, syringes, rootbeer, rubberized clothing, beef jerky, and many of the tenets of the United States Constitution are only a few of the independent inventions and original discoveries that American Indian people gave to the world.

"The Encyclopedia of American Indian Contributions to the World" is the first A to Z reference book that extensively details and documents the inventiveness of American Indians.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 18:39

great respect for exploration of history....
imho, since slavery is still rampant in the world today, and existed throughout history, we might take a step back and see what lets someone think they should oppress others or let someone start down that road with themself.
When it is all taken together in the biggest picture, we can seek justice at the same time we see every person as a unique individual, not tied to the history of persons of similar color or something. Yes, the issues are inter-related, yet first we must respect each person. What is respect? I think it is love and understanding and even affirmation of their 'unusual' qualities...as a starting place.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 11:28

owhitfield_77429 write:
Hey libitofafrica

Thank u kindly for that history lesson, and I mean that sincerely. Alot us feel as though we can make ignorant comments and sound straight ignorant because we don't have the authentic factual data. Maybe people do not understand that because some of us were raised to think in such a manner, racism will never dissipate. It is the bethune behavior of the past that continues to haunt us and expel upon the new generation the screwed up crap. My grandpa is white, my granny is Cree/black, my father is Spainard, and my mom is black. I am Heinz 57 Sauce, but I consider myself as being black. Anywho, it gets onmy nerves when I hear people say such silly things, but I can't go around and duct tape or super glue their lips shut. i shake my head and go on because no matter how much correct data you placed before them, it is stuck in their birdbrians of the BS that their grandparents and parents taught them. U GO GIRL FOR EXPRESSING TO THEM SOME HISTORY.

BTW. I dated a guy from Horseshoe Bend ID, and when I went to visit I fell in love with that state. It was beautiful. I did get atad bit of tude from the natives. When I went to the mall in Boise, I saw 2 blk females and one of them I hugged just for the sake of embracing my people. LOl! How is the economy up there, I'd still consider relocating from Houston.

God thanks for writting and if you've been to Horse Shoe Bend, then you know how it is. And yes when I see a black person I'm all smiles 1st. because they haven't completely managed to "devide us" so therefore, they have not concoured 2nd. I realize it is true black people do exist out side of the image I see in the mirror every morning.

And yes, Africans in America have a very diverse blood line. The only one that stands tight in my mind is my link to Africa where I was born. But yes my father is American and traces his roots to many other nationalities. My brother is 2 full shades lighter than I and I see the mixtures of brown skin as a true sign of the "beauty" in God's creation. Like 50 cent says "You can't tell me that God don't love me."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 25, 2005 18:51

Hey libitofafrica

Thank u kindly for that history lesson, and I mean that sincerely. Alot us feel as though we can make ignorant comments and sound straight ignorant because we don't have the authentic factual data. Maybe people do not understand that because some of us were raised to think in such a manner, racism will never dissipate. It is the bethune behavior of the past that continues to haunt us and expel upon the new generation the screwed up crap. My grandpa is white, my granny is Cree/black, my father is Spainard, and my mom is black. I am Heinz 57 Sauce, but I consider myself as being black. Anywho, it gets onmy nerves when I hear people say such silly things, but I can't go around and duct tape or super glue their lips shut. i shake my head and go on because no matter how much correct data you placed before them, it is stuck in their birdbrians of the BS that their grandparents and parents taught them. U GO GIRL FOR EXPRESSING TO THEM SOME HISTORY.

BTW. I dated a guy from Horseshoe Bend ID, and when I went to visit I fell in love with that state. It was beautiful. I did get atad bit of tude from the natives. When I went to the mall in Boise, I saw 2 blk females and one of them I hugged just for the sake of embracing my people. LOl! How is the economy up there, I'd still consider relocating from Houston.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 24, 2005 22:19

I just don't understand. Why is everyone even so concerned with race, color, etc..? Everyone has their own opinions about our history..one fact is...WE CANNOT CHANGE OUR PAST!! What most of us fail to do is live in the "now" and make the most of our futures. We have so much to be thankful for as opposed to how things used to be, so lets just enjoy it.

I too see some things that raise concerns about people on this site, but what do I do? I click the "x" and keep moving.

The good thing about online dating is if you see something you don't like, you have the option of moving on and acting like you never saw it. If you need to know how to do that...email me and I will teach you.

Good luck to all!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 23, 2005 17:49

steve475 write:
Topatoya,

With all due respect, I think you are comparing apples and oranges. When Caucasians arrived in North America, Native Americans had societies which had been established for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

With a strong and solid foundation like this, as well as supreme knowledge of the terrain and fierce war capabilities which were honed through generations of tribal conflict, the Native people certainly had the capacity to defend their "home turf".

The African "slaves", on the other hand, were ripped from their homelands and taken to a new world where they had no societal or community foundation, and, subsequently, no cohesiveness, a fundamental requirement for meaningful resistence.

In any case, I don't think it's necessary to compare the experiences. Both societies have painful chapters in their histories. One is not better than the other and each faces many challenges in the 21st century.

Thank you for this comment.. that response Topatoya made could have really mislead this thread.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 19, 2005 07:13

libitofafrica write:
nordyck write:
You must excuse me for not being politically correct. What burns me more than anything is how the black culture always pushes the issues of slavery. If they actually quit looking at themselves and beating their imaginary drums, they should realized that every race (white, chinese, mexican, indian, etc), males, females, childeren have been slaves at some point in history. Even today there is white slave trade going on, just watch the news. So the black culture cannot assume they have exclusive claim to this. They need to get off this over used and burned out soap box.

If the black culture wishes to be treated fairly and treated with respect, then they need to take a serious look at themselves. Everyone of us has the ability to improve their life and improve themselves. Instead of making themselves better, what do we see? Gettos, high crime. And what is the laim excuse? I'm poor, I'm uneducated, I'm this and I'm that. And anything else they can think of to point the blame to someone else. I for one will not accept this blame or be made part of it.

Do we ask why the Jews hang on to their experience of the Holocaust (keeping in mind that black slavery lasted for 100 years)? Do we ask those that survived 9/11 to get on with their lives and stop looking for excuses? Do we ask the Vietnam Vets to get on with life and forget what it was like to feel shell shocked and to see friends die before them.

Because you're not asking the Jews to forget Hitler, and you're not asking 9/11 survivors to let go of what happened, you think their experience is "valid," or is worthy of remembering. You should ask yourself what was there about black slavery that you don't feel needs validation? Is it because you feel we are less human, therefore less able to experience the inhumanity of slavery, segregation, and discremination? Sad. Extremely sad that you don't feel we should remember our enslavement. We remember the Holocaust so that it is hopefully never repeated in history. I remember slavery so that it is never repeated in history.

Yes, the problem with political correctness is that you may no longer call us those mean, hateful, evil names to our faces, but it doesn't mean you don't call us that in your minds or when we are not around.

I hate to tell you this, but your race isn't doing so well in this here America. Were you aware that your race has the highest rate of crimes (perhaps it is because you make up 73% of America), the highest rate of welfare, the highest rate of teenage pregnacy, the highest rate of broken marriages?

So perhaps you should spread your advice on to your race, because from where I am in ID I see all the "problems" that exists in your race 10 fold.

The difference between black enslavement compared to any other is the inhumain treatment of black slaves, oh along with little facts like seperation from culture, I'm sure as a slave it would have been like the after effects of the Vietnam war, if not worse. With all the psychotherapy today why hasn't there been a study about what it feels like to be stripped naked and pooked and prodded like an animal on a slave block, having your teeth examined, and you privates investigated like a studding bull or horse. Perhaps that study would help you understand a little more about why we're so "hung" (literally during the "slave days") up on slavery.

I don't believe anyone of any race expects anything except equal oppertunity and a little less "white priviledge?" I believe equality is not something one should ask for, one should demand it instead of hanging on to the thought of a better life in heaven.

I have to admit the white race keeps reminding us of our enslavement when we're referred to as boy, buck, good breeders, and a lot worse than I'm going to mention.

But hey, you don't control my destiny and I don't control yours, and that is as it should be.

Very well said.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 18, 2005 12:17

nordyck write:
You must excuse me for not being politically correct. What burns me more than anything is how the black culture always pushes the issues of slavery. If they actually quit looking at themselves and beating their imaginary drums, they should realized that every race (white, chinese, mexican, indian, etc), males, females, childeren have been slaves at some point in history. Even today there is white slave trade going on, just watch the news. So the black culture cannot assume they have exclusive claim to this. They need to get off this over used and burned out soap box.

If the black culture wishes to be treated fairly and treated with respect, then they need to take a serious look at themselves. Everyone of us has the ability to improve their life and improve themselves. Instead of making themselves better, what do we see? Gettos, high crime. And what is the laim excuse? I'm poor, I'm uneducated, I'm this and I'm that. And anything else they can think of to point the blame to someone else. I for one will not accept this blame or be made part of it.

Do we ask why the Jews hang on to their experience of the Holocaust (keeping in mind that black slavery lasted for 100 years)? Do we ask those that survived 9/11 to get on with their lives and stop looking for excuses? Do we ask the Vietnam Vets to get on with life and forget what it was like to feel shell shocked and to see friends die before them.

Because you're not asking the Jews to forget Hitler, and you're not asking 9/11 survivors to let go of what happened, you think their experience is "valid," or is worthy of remembering. You should ask yourself what was there about black slavery that you don't feel needs validation? Is it because you feel we are less human, therefore less able to experience the inhumanity of slavery, segregation, and discremination? Sad. Extremely sad that you don't feel we should remember our enslavement. We remember the Holocaust so that it is hopefully never repeated in history. I remember slavery so that it is never repeated in history.

Yes, the problem with political correctness is that you may no longer call us those mean, hateful, evil names to our faces, but it doesn't mean you don't call us that in your minds or when we are not around.

I hate to tell you this, but your race isn't doing so well in this here America. Were you aware that your race has the highest rate of crimes (perhaps it is because you make up 73% of America), the highest rate of welfare, the highest rate of teenage pregnacy, the highest rate of broken marriages?

So perhaps you should spread your advice on to your race, because from where I am in ID I see all the "problems" that exists in your race 10 fold.

The difference between black enslavement compared to any other is the inhumain treatment of black slaves, oh along with little facts like seperation from culture, I'm sure as a slave it would have been like the after effects of the Vietnam war, if not worse. With all the psychotherapy today why hasn't there been a study about what it feels like to be stripped naked and pooked and prodded like an animal on a slave block, having your teeth examined, and you privates investigated like a studding bull or horse. Perhaps that study would help you understand a little more about why we're so "hung" (literally during the "slave days") up on slavery.

I don't believe anyone of any race expects anything except equal oppertunity and a little less "white priviledge?" I believe equality is not something one should ask for, one should demand it instead of hanging on to the thought of a better life in heaven.

I have to admit the white race keeps reminding us of our enslavement when we're referred to as boy, buck, good breeders, and a lot worse than I'm going to mention.

But hey, you don't control my destiny and I don't control yours, and that is as it should be.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 16, 2005 09:16

There is no "reasoning" with you. Like I said if Indians are so strong, the white man is no longer using guns so why is he still taking your land away right under your nose. A mind is a bad thing to waste.

Do your own search on Indian inslavement on ya hoo. You'll find that the English (or what you call the white man) enslaved you too. Sorry to burst your Rhetoric bubble, but the truth is never an easy thing to face.

Land is being taken away because logic is being used, something you seem unable to put together in your little mind.

I'm not ashamed of slavery, in fact I am proud that we survived, because we were definately not meant to survive in America. There is no shame in having been enslaved, there is great shame in having been an enslaver.

But why bother, you'll respond like the emotional 2 year old that you are. Obviously you (I won't say Indains because you are a bad representation of your tribe, you've set them back for centuries) have a bigger "chip" on your shoulder and it's pretty apparent.

Also, my father's great grand mother was a blackfoot Indian, so if you look in your family history, you just might find the same color you seem to be looking down on. Infact check out your hair, why does it have curls. Perhaps it is your link to MOTHER AFRICA....Hahahahahaha Indians are known for straight hair where is your kink coming from???? I won't get down to your level, there is nothing wrong with a little kinky hair Brotha. I guess we'll have to start referring to you as Bro.

Infact you look more like high yeller to me than Indian. Trying to pass for anything other than black humn. NC, yeah I bet you're black trying to pass for Indian. Ashamed of where you come from? Sad. Grasping at straws while you sink in shame.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 16, 2005 08:07

The real truth needs to come out. Its no different than what England, France, Spain had done in years prior. They exported their criminals and undesireable to USA, Australia, and who knows were else. Why isn't this made known? Oh yea, politically correctness.

Sorry for getting off the beaten path, Yes, I was married to Native American and she's highly respected Shamans. We had our cultural differences but we overcame them. By the way, she accepted to what happen in the past as the past and together we were able to move forward. For a time she was caught up in the past. It was an anchor around her neck. I helped her to free it and her spirit went flying ever since.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 16, 2005 04:45

Topatoya write:

What,, i'm suppose to care about what you think Mr pootpie,Oh pray FER ME.

When other race of people tell me of our own history and don't know what they are talking about like you,,sure I speak up. now you try not to get to mad with me you know redskins can't handle that kind of presure.Now calm down and tell it to ya mama tonight befor bed,,god bless.

Topatoya
Lumbee
Lost as the Tribes of Israel
--------------------------------
If It's Not Different,,It's Not Your's

Bravo Topatoya!

Yet another indisputedly brilliant and articulate post in defense of your convoluted, half baked, racist theories...lol.

Good luck to you. I can only imagine how pleased the Lumbee tribe must be to have the village idiot presenting himself as their unnofficial spokesperson.

PS:Some free advice: Go back to school. Learn how to spell, then learn how to write. Once you learn these things you should be able to read, and once you can read you'll be able to learn all kinds of things about history, the world and other people. It's never too late! ;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 15, 2005 09:03

Maybe you should change your ID to OVER THE TOPatoya. Frankly, your revolutionary style vitriol doesn?t encourage thoughtful and intelligent exchange on this subject.

There?s no sense trying to revisit battles long lost. Your energy would be better spent adressing the 21st century challenges and obstacles facing your community rather than lamenting events which occurred primarily in the 18th & 19th centuries. You can?t change the past even if it was unjust. Nor is it constructive to try and demonize ?the white man?, to blame him for the transgressions of his forefathers, and to label all white people as ?invaders?.

Like it or not, the US (and Canada for that matter) is a country made up of immigrants, people of all shades and cultures from all over the world. Most arrived on her shores willingly, in search of a better life, while some were brought here forceably but eventually stayed of their own free will. Perhaps you?d like to deport everyone who isn?t 100% Native American? Exactly what is it you want?

This is not a competition to determine which people have suffered the greatest injustices, or who responded to oppression more honourably. Why do you feel the need to compare?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 14, 2005 11:46

I know this much, the US ARMY thought our ancesters were going to pick thier cotton and cook and clean thier homes and be slaves like the black man but our ancesters took rocks and sharpen them and attached them to sticks and made a Bow and arrows.When they came with thier whips and thier mighty armies our ancesters battled these invaders, for over 200 years we died by the hundreds of thousands and the (AMERICAN INDIANS)Never did pick thier cotton or clean thier homes,or work thier farms like the black man.We battled these invaders until they grew tired of fighting us.Today we still live with pride and respect for who we are because we were never thier SLAVES like the black man we were warriors,god bless.

Topatoya

Hey, you need to read your history. Indians were SLAVES, that is the reason Africans became slaves in America. The Spaniards enslaved you and felt so bad about it because Indians were not surviving slavery very well. They passed a declaration to never enslave Indians again and decided to look towards africa for slaves.

You don't know this because it was around the time of the discovery of the Americas. Way, way, back when the Spaniards first discovered America. I think it is funny and ironic that you don't know your own history. I'd be happy to provide you with that information. Most Spaniards I talk with know that their race inslaved Indians in America.

So, it is not "about" Indians maintaining their "dignity" because you were never slaves. You were slaves just like we were. It is about the continuation of degrading the color "black/brown." If you do read the history book, you will see that the Indians were treated just awfully when they were enslaved. One of the reasons they kept up the enslavement of Africans was because we were/are a strong group of people able to endure alot from nature and the human race. I was born in Africa and conditions in Africa are extremely harsh. There are things you naturally put up with because that's just the way it is. Unlike America where people pop pills for any and every kind of ailment.

Another difference about the Indian enslavement and the African inslavement is the Indians were in their own country, if they wanted to steal away they knew the territory. The Africans were in a strange land with strange wheather patterns, amongst other Africans who didn't speak their dilect. There is a reason for the saying "divide and concour." By dividing the African's by language, culture, & dilect, the Africans could not ban together and make arrows and spears. Did you know that they were banned from using drums? Because in Africa drums were used as a communication tool between villages? The comparison of Africans and Indians would not be a fare one. I don't know if Africans would have sold of their land for alchohol as the Indians did when intoxicated.

By debating the 2 experiences would be to debate who was less of a race. I think both races endured alot even if it was in different ways. Indians in the year 2005 are "still" having their land taken away right here in little old Idaho. Does that make the Indian race less stronger than the Africans? No.

There is no excuse for owning another "human" being.

As for interracial dating, it is nobody's business except those involved. Who died and made anyone God to JUDGE whether it is good or bad to date other races? The fact is you can't tell me that God didn't create me and God doesn't love me. My brown skin is as equal as any white skin.

Available only
to logged in members