#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Meeting a millionaire while at work.... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Meeting a millionaire while at work....
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2011 12:29

Wealthy men:  Would you consider going out with your (female) lawyer or accountant?  What would you want your (female) lawyer or accountant to say or do to help you realize they're interested in you outside of the office? 

I'm not as wealthy as all that, but I can't date "regular" blokes as they can't afford to go to the same restaurants and spend what I spend on holidays, and no, I'm not going to pay their way as it kills the masculine energy they bring into the relationship. Halvsies or "Dutch" is fine, taking turns is fine, and I wouldn't say no to a man treating me more than 50% of the time, but me paying for everything, no, not cool.

So my career is as an expert in taxation in multiple jurisdictions.  People come to me to find out how they can live in Greece, work in USA, send the kid to boarding school in England, and still get away with paying very little tax between all the various jurisdictions. I'm the public face of the business, so it's no surprise that I meet wealthy people all day long as part of doing my day job.

Some of my clients are eligible recently divorced men - not most, but every few months I meet a handsome bloke, my age, not too much baggage, and hey, I've seen his balance sheet and it's as easy on the eyes as his face is!  I do NOT want to be selling this bloke a tax solution! I want to be falling in love with him!

So how can I combine business with pleasure?  How do I broach the subject?  What would you want your accountant to say to you?  

I suppose this happens in any customer-focused business, where a handsome eligible batchelor comes in to the store or office and gives the gals there a thrill.  How do we turn it from office cooler chitchat to first date?  I got no problem going from first date to commitment, it's that first date with my client that's the problem...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2011 16:48

"never bite the hand that feeds you"
"don't fish off the company pier"
"Does the play outweigh the price I may have to pay?"

Remember, NO ONE is irreplacable in the workforce. If your relationship starts there, you are still in the category.

Personally, I have avoided that situation, except for the occasional company for a game or function. No romance at all! Too many people find out and the gossip starts and whether you are in the right or wrong, the conversations go both ways!

loved this quote in general:

“My boyfriend used to ask his mother, 'How can I find the right woman for me?' and she would answer, 'Don't worry about finding the right woman- concentrate on becoming the right man.'”

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2011 15:00

I never mix business and dating life.  I have never dated anybody from my work.  I think it opens up a Pandora's box.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2011 05:23

Update: A close collegue in a similar line of accounting is doing some matchmaking - arranging a date with one of the guys for whom I would have otherwise been a tax advisor.  D'oh!  Should have thought of this sooner!  The bloke is Swiss; the business partner's met me (in my tax capacity); and everyone's putting their thinking caps on as to how to get us to meet outside of work. 

While I don't expect success on the first try, I think asking my freinds and business collegues (even some long time clients who are more freind than client) to introduce me to eligble gentlemen they know might be just the ticket, rather than trying for a client directly.

What do you think NGL2011?  Anybody else have comments?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 13, 2011 07:55

truely to be onthe save site do not date clients on the first site of every view. i am single we can try thigs out so what do you say

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2011 05:35

There is an old saying, "Never dip your pen in the company ink"
To be safe and continue having a business relationship which is profitable in the long run, don't date Clients !