#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Gifted Writer wants to Write...need Benefactor/Investor/Friend.. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Gifted Writer wants to Write...need Benefactor/Investor/Friend..
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 03, 2005 17:47

I dont make a living....I am so creative, broke and talented!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 03, 2005 17:10

Confucius Cat say:
Best not believe anything or anyone dear?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 01, 2005 17:35

I am CEO/President of a book publishing corporation. I have over 30 books I have published that are out there in print. You really need an agent that will promote you. Check around with all your friends and see if one has one that will introduce you to them. Then don't write the whole book, just write a couple chapters and the outline to give to the agent.
trund

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 22:33

That is good to know that you are gifted. I think every person has a potential within him or her. Do you write poetry too. I do. I would like to read any nice piece of your work.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 14:23

AlpenSnow write:

sharp1 write:
Hold on Bonnie & Alpen...she didn't mention what she was talented and gifted at doing! Never assume! :-)

I did assume that since the thread was titled "Gifted writer..." then this was what she claimed she was good at, although I agree that the evidence didn't necessarily bear that out...!

Well, I hate to admit that I forgot the title of the thread! lol
BUT even the title could be open to interpretation! I mean writers write right? This gal says she wants to write. So technically she may not be a writer yet! If not, then whose to say she's gifted in that field! She could be gifted in other things...hence looking for a benefactor! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 14:02

sharp1 write:
Hold on Bonnie & Alpen...she didn't mention what she was talented and gifted at doing! Never assume! :-)

I did assume that since the thread was titled "Gifted writer..." then this was what she claimed she was good at, although I agree that the evidence didn't necessarily bear that out...!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 05, 2005 21:46

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 05, 2005 15:27

GiftedOne write:
I dont make a living....I am so creative, broke and talented!

Right.

Cheeky comments first: if you are such a gifted writer, how come the punctuation on your profile is far from "Queen's English?" I would sharpen up your grammar skills if I were you.

Constructive comments next:
Writing is a very competitive business. For every JK Rowling, G.M. Fraser or John Grisham there are 1000s of wannabes. You need to read the following books to give you an idea of the market:
"The Writer's Handbook 2005" (UK)
"2005 Writer's Market" (US)
"From Pitch to Publication" Carole Blake
"How to get Published and make a lot of Money" Susan Page

The last two books give you a good insight into the publishing business and how to prepare a proposal to send to a publisher. The title of the last one is, unfortunately, misleading in most cases! Unless you're very good and very lucky/determined, you won't make much money from writing books.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 04, 2005 05:04

Gifted- I have one just like you at home and he thinks I am going to be his life-long benefactor..well he could dream on!
I reckon if you are so creative and gifted and beautiful, if that is you in the pics..then head for Hollywood and work your ar*se off to see how far your gift and talent takes you...you might just find hell of a lot of sugar daddy types there are willing to be your benefactors if you have benefits they could reap...