#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Have we become immune to Romance? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Have we become immune to Romance?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 20:15

I'm a single girl, and after being played and used in 2 relationships I decided to go solo and not get attached to anyone for a long time. Now that I'm back to the scene....little things (romantic things) that I used to melt for ...are so CORNY in my eyes that I even feel uncomfortable saying them.

Is it the city, being single for a long time (AND LIKING IT) ...am I the only person who things flowers and poetry...little letters are corny? down with romance.

I'm a fan of sky diving, riding horses, eating out and then going to Tango at a local club...shopping, surfing, comedy club

but not in a romantic way

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 14:17

Aw, Faris, I'm sorry you're so disillusioned. But let your negative feelings about romance just run their course. You can't force yourself to embrace romance into your life again. But, from experience, I know you get down about the seeming insincerity of flower-givers and poets.... and then, just when you least expect it .... "HE" brings you one flower, or writes you a really goofy "Roses are red..." poem, or gives you a little, stupid 25 cent toy from a vending machine and all of a sudden, it's damn cute and you could hug him till he squishes.
Sometime it's the innovative, non-traditional gifties you get that enable a man to break through the titanium barrier built around you and win your heart. And usually that special, unique and perceptive guy .... knows it.

Good luck being found by him.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 13:07

I take nothing away from you when I say this Faris: you are 20 (oh to be young again) - what exactly does being alone for "a long time" entail for you? Months? Years? You'll find a few of us here on MM that can tell you that being alone for a long time for you might be a blink of the eye for others.

But to answer your questions (the best I can).
So you find you expect other things from a relationship these days? That's called maturing.
What you want today may well be different for you tomorrow. All part of growing older.
I know that all the hot, steamy sex in a relationship I looked forward to in my youth
no longer holds the same appeal for me today - oh hell, who am I kidding??!!
Yes it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All kidding aside, who knows - you may meet someone who will make getting flowers and little notes fun again. Or you may be forever past that stage.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share