#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Please respect and answer Topics as created. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Please respect and answer Topics as created.
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 09, 2005 06:39

There's an ongoing tendency of certain members, often the same ones, entering forum topics and steering them widely off course for their own purpose or soapboxes. As adults, can we please respect each topic creator and keep the subject matter within each topic heading, on the intended course. Certainly, anyone can additionally create their own, seperate forum topic if they want to veer into other tangents loosely related to the original posted query. In this way, every person of intelligence can politely express their own feelings, views or experiences fully without being rude to the originally posting party and those who want to discuss their topic. One would think this would be an unspoken understanding between adults. But the forums are showing this isn't the case. If we all remember basic politeness and etiquette, no one need be berated, offended or disrespected. As it is, it seems that much as smokers, are "inconvenienced" with recently spreading laws, some people forget or cannot understand without bringing it bluntly to their attention how their habits and "free spirited" sharing of them, severely encroach upon the rights of others to avoid them (smoke, rudeness, etc.). This post is not meant to "berate" anyone, it is only a reminder of general, basic conversational politeness, in hope of seeing a more polite and comfortable forum for everyone. This basic politeness allows everyone to address topics they relate to, and ignore those they don't, simply by reading the topic before entering.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 20, 2005 08:22

LMAO S4
Yes switched into dumb blonde/Lucy mode for that! LOL

Agree with you Sharpe1 totally, think we proved that point by getting into the cigarette/Peru discussion, LOL.

OK excuse me time to light a Cancer stick!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 20, 2005 08:16

OMG...............
can we change the subject here!!!!! LOL

oh and sharp1 thank you for the very nice email, geez, i wish i could write like you guys. maybe when i have more experience, lol, but ya gotta admit , reading these forums are a riot, and if someone reading them doesnt think so, then they just dont have to read them. I think its kind of funny how the subject gets tossed around a bit, it shows the personalitys on here, and changes the mood. Maybe it was just a boring subject and noone cared to write about it anyway.
Now about those ciggarettes.................hahahaha.....oops didnt mean to change the subject

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 19, 2005 21:11

DoYouDreamOfJeanie...OMG...Alberto is completely right...conversations diversify continuously...that's what makes them interesting!!! Chill and stop criticizing...Just because some of the forums have diversified from the original topic, I don't think the person who initiated the topic is being shown disrespect, nor do I believe the person who initiated the topic feels offended. Ask katiegrl...she initiated many of these topics which have diversified, and guess what? Katie is following along in the direction of the new topic!!!
Step outside the box, or take off the blinders so you can expand your periphial vision.
Another suggestion, if you feel you want a discussion to get back on track, all you have to do is make a new post commenting on the topic heading. If your post catches people's attention it will draw them back to the subject at hand. People only stay on a topic so long as it remains interesting.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 19, 2005 16:09

Mandalay that sounded like something really nasty.LMAo. But i know it's place just not sure where????
IB i had to LMAo on your post. that was too funny. But it's not a cigarette! Now if you had mentioned YOUR Canada's cigarettes that would have been something i would have said.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 18, 2005 22:01

Ok I'll go to Pachu machu or is that a new cigarette?
Use to Canadian ones but from what my US friends say ours are stronger?
So where is that place or cigarette?

LMAO

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 20:32

Speaking of rolling our own **cigarettes** (wink, wink) ;-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 12, 2005 06:36

You know, I hear they do the same thing Peru. Anyone want to see Machu Picchu?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 08:28

Mandalay if you are THAT hard up just send someone down to Mexico and have them buy you the tobacco in bulk. It is really very cheap compared to here and they also send you as a free gift, for your patronage, a large stack of self rolling paper so that you can continue exercise your fingers. It also has a duel purpose there and that is to ward off the deadly disease of osteoporosis which occurs when use of the fingers are limited....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 03:24

Does anyone know where I can buy cheap cigarattes on the net? Sorry, a little off topic but as I'm writing this I need a smoke....lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 01:05

Ed....funny as always! Nice bitch.....is she yours??

Jeanie....it's so easy to just ignore posts you don't want to read. Of course topics will steer onto another course in the midst of debating...but that's what makes it fun!! Lighten up....enjoy life and breathe......:-) I agree with Alberto completely!

So, Alberto...do you work out everyday? Your bod is sooo hot!! oops, should I post that under the Hot Men Wanted forum??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 06:10

You're absolutely right there, DoYouDreamOfJeanie, and I support you entirely. I just started to read the forums recently and was amazed at the childlike behaviors of some of the members. I thought this site was for adults only... ;) Nevertheless, a lot of comments are very interesting and intelligent. This is the only reason I kept on reading them.