#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > How to celebrate New Year when single? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How to celebrate New Year when single?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 03:27

Hello!
I avoid unwanted attention and I'm inclined not to go out as a single woman. Any suggestions on how to make it fun?
Hope you all have terrific plans.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2011 03:02

Quoting Missing1Love:

Diosa, I think you should make every effort to enjoy yourself.
You may not feel it yet, but life is so short. Whatever you do becomes part of your experience in life. One learns from bad experiences so that's the good part. Whenever I have been taken in my life I am thankful because one can turn the bad into good. One also has no ill feelings when one does that.

For new years, call a few friends and invite yourself. Nothing wrong with that. Learn to be an extrovert. I know one can't do that overnight, but its like a rubber band, which stretches only a bit but comes back almost to the beginning. Do that often enough and the band comes back to the center.

I knew a girl once that was awfully shy. It took me forever to get her to stand up in a crowed restaurant and yell "Hello Everyone". The point was to loosen her up. After a couple of times her senses realized, no one was going to bite her.

Go to a Street Mal which celebrates New Years, and sing along.
If you meet a person who offers a cup of coffee, go for it. Remember your still in a Public Place, no ones going to bite you. Life is so short, I had so much fun, and it would be so sad if you didn't taste the fruits life has to offer. Go for it, and the most fun happens when you didn't expect it or force it.

Dear missing1love,
Thank you for your insightful advise!
I went to see fireworks in town and it was beautiful. Very close to the ocean, which I feel is my element (water)
I live in a smallish city so malls and alike are closed. It looked like a ghost town driving around!
Hope you have a beautiful 2012! Only hr to greet the new year here :-)
Hug.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 31, 2011 02:58

Quoting Jenkneee:

Quoting Diosa2012:

Hello!
I avoid unwanted attention and I'm inclined not to go out as a single woman. Any suggestions on how to make it fun?

Hello Diosa :)

This may seem like an odd idea but you could babysit! I have 2 little boys across the street that I love and they are so much fun to be with that I would (and have) babysat them for free.Obviously u could make a little hunk of cash that night.

I don't have any solid plans myself for NYE, I have always avoided the typical events for that night. You could go out Friday night and have a riot with your friends while avoiding the typical garbage associated with New Year's Eve.

Whatever you do, enjoy yourself and remember it is only ONE night and you have the whole rest of the year to do with what you want.

Hi beautiful and thanks!
I have two kiddies but they are with their Dad so babysitting would make me miss them...
I actually went to see the first round of fireworks 9pm), got take out and I'm quite happy now.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope your 2012 is amazing!
Hugs

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2011 09:49

Diosa, I think you should make every effort to enjoy yourself.
You may not feel it yet, but life is so short. Whatever you do becomes part of your experience in life. One learns from bad experiences so that's the good part. Whenever I have been taken in my life I am thankful because one can turn the bad into good. One also has no ill feelings when one does that.

For new years, call a few friends and invite yourself. Nothing wrong with that. Learn to be an extrovert. I know one can't do that overnight, but its like a rubber band, which stretches only a bit but comes back almost to the beginning. Do that often enough and the band comes back to the center.

I knew a girl once that was awfully shy. It took me forever to get her to stand up in a crowed restaurant and yell "Hello Everyone". The point was to loosen her up. After a couple of times her senses realized, no one was going to bite her.

Go to a Street Mal which celebrates New Years, and sing along.
If you meet a person who offers a cup of coffee, go for it. Remember your still in a Public Place, no ones going to bite you. Life is so short, I had so much fun, and it would be so sad if you didn't taste the fruits life has to offer. Go for it, and the most fun happens when you didn't expect it or force it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 22:54

Quoting TeriLynn2001:

Who cares about the lottery?  I don't play...guarantee not to win!  Haha...
It really is a let down knowing you will spend these holidays alone.  

All this and  no one to share/enjoy it with.

Hi TeriLynn!

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you do have some fab plans and, even better, someone to share them with :-)

Happy 2012!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 17:40

Who cares about the lottery?  I don't play...guarantee not to win!  Haha...
It really is a let down knowing you will spend these holidays alone.  

All this and  no one to share/enjoy it with.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 12:59

Quoting Diosa2012:

Hello!

Hello Diosa :)

This may seem like an odd idea but you could babysit! I have 2 little boys across the street that I love and they are so much fun to be with that I would (and have) babysat them for free.Obviously u could make a little hunk of cash that night.

I don't have any solid plans myself for NYE, I have always avoided the typical events for that night. You could go out Friday night and have a riot with your friends while avoiding the typical garbage associated with New Year's Eve.

Whatever you do, enjoy yourself and remember it is only ONE night and you have the whole rest of the year to do with what you want.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 07:38

Quoting Bardsquill:

You're so right. For the single person New Years Eve can be a lonely time. I know the feeling.

You can make fun by staying home and going online to chat with others like yourself.

It's a good night for skyping too, or just a quiet reflection on 2011 and what you will change for the new year.

Thanks for sharing and hope your New Year is awesome.

Thank you! I truly hope you enjoy the celebrations too.
Happy 2012!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 07:37

Thank you! I'm used to loneliness...might end up liking it lol.
Have a blast!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 19:07

Happy New Year to you too and good luck in finding a date to meet it with!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 16:27

Lol. That's something I'd figured out but all my friends are partnered and it is a bit uncomfortable.

I was looking for ideas as to what to do without having to go out alone :-(

Thank you for replying and I hope you have an awesome 2012!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 10:33

Um...you can't win if you don't play the lottery. May be you should start going out?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 06:44

You're so right. For the single person New Years Eve can be a lonely time. I know the feeling.

You can make fun by staying home and going online to chat with others like yourself.

It's a good night for skyping too, or just a quiet reflection on 2011 and what you will change for the new year.

Thanks for sharing and hope your New Year is awesome.