#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Women > How rich can I be? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How rich can I be?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 17:22

I have wealth beyond comprehension. Consider if you will being blessed with my 2 boys, a job I enjoy and the grace of my Lord. Now imagine if you will being blessed with a lady like you. How rich can I possibly be?

Let me know. - D.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 20, 2006 09:02

rich in mind is rich in love if you can not have one or both your screwed
social comment belly butten staring
women today wear there underwear on the outside wheres the mystery in that did not her parents teach her how to dress her self underwear goes on the inside girls

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 20, 2006 06:15

I've been up, down and all around. Sure it's not fun lacking in money however I feel that it really takes fortitude to overcome financial obstacles and makes you a better person. You really learn what kind of human being you are when things turn to crap. I'm a better person but let's be honest, I don't want to go back to that! You really learn who your 'real friends' are too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 15, 2006 01:28

[

I read an article yesterday ... Most rich people were self-made and worked hard to attain their millions. It stated that one of their worries is that their children might be too complacent and take for granted their lifestyle...not having a strong work-ethic, therefore, unable to sustain the good lifestyle to which they are accustomed themselves. Rich parents want their children to be successful, have a strong work ethic, and strong spirituality.

Any parents out there who would agree with this article?

Of course we all agree with that statement Sharp, whether we are rich or not. We all have aspirations and expectations for our kids. It is just that making them realise how important those aspirations are in life that is difficult..esp when you have given them all they need.

I often feel that the rich kid is not different from the poor kid who comes from the ghetto. One has all the opportunities thrown at him the other has none but need to make it. One has no tangible goals in sight since he has everything materially while the poor kid has clearer goals to succeed materially. He is hungrier than the other, and the hungry kid is the one most likely to go find his food.

Equal opportunities - in the west especially, both are given the same sort of chance to thrive but how they respond to those opportunities depend on their upbringing and their own initiative.

Spiritual impoverishment, however could kill both when they are not loved, cherished, inspired and encouraged along the right path to their destination. That could happen in both poor and rich environment.
Love and inspire your children cost nothing and is the greatest wealth you could give them whatever your background. Often it is forgotten in this transient material world , mainly because as parents we don't seem to find the time to impart and spend it with them. Time is the only unknown, unquantifiable gift you could give your child. I am learning this lesson the hard way.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 12, 2006 21:37

billp007 write:
Funny I thought this was millionaire dot com where people search for a rich partner... are we all being a bit hypocritical? I find it ironic that a majority of the people I have met in my life (millionaires and billionaires) say "money isn't everything". I have not met one poor person that has the same philosophy. I expect several comments form the audience to comment on being poor and that they are happy too! Please note; if you have a roof over your head, car, big screen TV, air- conditioning, take vacations, more than one pair of shoes, a 401K, go to the movies, have a computer (gotcha)etc. then don't tell me that your poor! I will be honest I want to be rich and as I grow my wealth I keep raising the bar on what I consider to be the minimum threshold on money to be considered wealthy. So far one million ain't it...

So you're looking for a rich partner? Good luck...Most rich ladies with a brain wouldn't consider a cradle robber as a good prospect for a LTR.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 10, 2006 05:32

Funny I thought this was millionaire dot com where people search for a rich partner... are we all being a bit hypocritical? I find it ironic that a majority of the people I have met in my life (millionaires and billionaires) say "money isn't everything". I have not met one poor person that has the same philosophy. I expect several comments form the audience to comment on being poor and that they are happy too! Please note; if you have a roof over your head, car, big screen TV, air- conditioning, take vacations, more than one pair of shoes, a 401K, go to the movies, have a computer (gotcha)etc. then don't tell me that your poor! I will be honest I want to be rich and as I grow my wealth I keep raising the bar on what I consider to be the minimum threshold on money to be considered wealthy. So far one million ain't it...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 10:13

BigBozMaam write:
I've been way up, and way down financially. This is where faith comes in... either way, rich or poor, all things are taken care of, according to karma... so no matter how little money i have, i dont have to worry about anything, ...unless i was a real tyrant in a past life, (in which case i'm still owed something). lol

Or perhaps you still owe yourself a thought or different mindset than being a tyrant. LOL. My brother has a theory that when you make a mistake, the "universe" has a way of making you repeat the mistake until you figure it out. It may take several repeats in the same lifetime, or may carry across several lifetimes depending on how fast a learner the soul is...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 18:34

The first true sign of being rich is having a loving extended family who are there for each other in good times or bad.

The second sign is all the treasured memories that you have of and with family, friends and loved ones because when it all ends that is all that you get to take with you.

How rich you are is meausred by how many turn up at your funeral to honor your memory and the positive affect that you had on them and their families lives . . .

Walk on through the rain holding hands till you reach the sunshine again :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 16, 2006 16:21

I've been way up, and way down financially. This is where faith comes in... either way, rich or poor, all things are taken care of, according to karma... so no matter how little money i have, i dont have to worry about anything, ...unless i was a real tyrant in a past life, (in which case i'm still owed something). lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 17:59

Devoted2FindingU write:
Excellent advice Storm. Enjoy what you have whether it be rich or poor..

Children are your reward on this earth enjoy them! Make them smile, make them make you smile!

My daughter makes me laugh several times daily with all her stories of what is going on with her friends. She loves to embellish things. I am truly blessed with both my children.

Hey Devo...don't think I didn't catch the Big Foot comment below...just read it. You want to hook me up with your brother/cousin? Um...I might pass, k? lol

I read an article yesterday regarding 'if rich people had worries'. The article stated that rich people have worries also, just different ones than those who are not rich. Most rich people were self-made and worked hard to attain their millions. It stated that one of their worries is that their children might be too complacent and take for granted their lifestyle...not having a strong work-ethic, therefore, unable to sustain the good lifestyle to which they are accustomed themselves. Rich parents want their children to be successful, have a strong work ethic, and strong spirituality.

Any parents out there who would agree with this article?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 06, 2006 19:24

stormangel write:
well i always said material things can always be replaced, you or loved ones can never!! so enjoy life to the full. as you never slow time down either.

i thank god for all miricales and dreams that come true. only he makes happen and can take it away as fast. so enjoy whilst you can! and always watch out for those who will try all to Fool you. safest investment is in your highest dreams.

Excellent advice Storm. Enjoy what you have whether it be rich or poor..

Children are your reward on this earth enjoy them! Make them smile, make them make you smile!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 15:04

well i always said material things can always be replaced, you or loved ones can never!! so enjoy life to the full. as you never slow time down either.

i thank god for all miricales and dreams that come true. only he makes happen and can take it away as fast. so enjoy whilst you can! and always watch out for those who will try all to Fool you. safest investment is in your highest dreams.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 13:14

Funny how people think money will make them happy. Actually it probably makes them less so in the end unless you use it to help others. I've never seen anyone 10 times happier when they had another zero in their bank account. Usually they get more neurotic and selfish.
Life really is about finding the real things that matter. I was in the Peace Corps in Fiji with villagers who had little but faith in God and each other. They were far happier and carefree than most Americans. Only God in the end can truly meet our needs for significance..not people or things. We'd all be wiser to realize that's the one noble thing to search for in life.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 07:47

Sharp,
Yep - Bigfoot is my second cousin. You want me to see if I can hook you up?

Might be a step up from those Canadians. LMAO. Just teasing audience no hate mail required!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 15:33

Devoted2FindingU write:
Now Sharpe do you think I am the type to be self promoting and egotistical enough to start a thread dedicated to attracting lovely ladies for the sole purpose of finding that much deserved, highly sought after once in a life time Soul Mate?

BUSTED!!! - With Absolutely No Shame!

So let me ask this question, How much would you spend if you knew your soul mate was on sale at Tiffany's? How far would you travel? What if she was in an igloo in the Antarctica? What extreme would you do? Would you start a thread that Says How Rich Can I Be? Just how important is this quest to you? How RICH will it make you?

Well, I'm not one to rush into anything. Every situation is different. If I was head over heels with a person, no distance would be too far. Now the Antarctica...you're not talking Big Foot are you? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 12:08

beautynbrains4u write:
There are so many equalizing forces in the world...where monetary wealth is irrelevant.

Beauty, one that comes to mind is LIGHTENING. Similar to the odds I face in dating. It will only increase my non-monetary net worth.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 07:54

Now Sharpe do you think I am the type to be self promoting and egotistical enough to start a thread dedicated to attracting lovely ladies for the sole purpose of finding that much deserved, highly sought after once in a life time Soul Mate?

BUSTED!!! - With Absolutely No Shame!

So let me ask this question, How much would you spend if you knew your soul mate was on sale at Tiffany's? How far would you travel? What if she was in an igloo in the Antarctica? What extreme would you do? Would you start a thread that Says How Rich Can I Be? Just how important is this quest to you? How RICH will it make you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 19:33

Hey Devo...this may turn out to be a great thread for you...like the Age difference thread that Billzeke started...did you see all the attention he drew to himself?