#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > How Shallow Women Can Be Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How Shallow Women Can Be
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 27, 2005 21:02

I placed two adds here just to see how shallow women can be. One had my pic the other did not. The one with my picture was just me seeing if any woman would be interested in someone who was not rich but rich in love. My other one had me worth over 5 M. I had numerous women e-mail me and even give me their phone numbers. I would e-mail them using my other profile with my pic and they would turn me down. It is just about the money with women. SORRY - NOT ALL WOMEN BUT THE MAJORITY HERE MONEY IS EVERYTHING>>THANK GOD THEY DON"T REALLY KNOW HOW MUCH I AM WORTH

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 04, 2005 23:32

Dallas! You've found someone! THAT's romantic. I hope she's different from the women who responded to your test ads. Now you won't be jaded anymore! lol
Lots of luck to you, and have as much fun and laughter as you can for however long it lasts. Maybe forever! If not, come on back and visit us.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 04, 2005 01:45

Alberto - LMAO!!!
He does kinda look like Clark Kent .... but when he takes off the cape and the spandex top ... does he have huge pecs and a six pack?
Heeeeeeeeeyyyy! Wait a minute!
Alberto .... have you ever gotten sick from Kryptonite?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 03, 2005 20:11

alberto...yoiu sure YOU aren't Clark Kent??? You can be MY Superman any day!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 15:21

I have to agree with both katiegrl and 1hotmama. Not only that....handsome SHIRTLESS alberto has a point as well. If you're gonna do an experiment, make it fair. As IB said, not all of us are out looking for a wealthy guy, whether he be the most handsome guy on this site, or like you, wearing your old T shirt. We don't care if you make millions of dollars or millions of pennies. What we care about finding the man who can give us love and respect, and HONESTY in a relationship...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 09:44

Thanks Katiegirl and 1hotmama. I do understand the picture does matter i.e. clothes and not having my ex's arm and thanks for the info. I do not believe I will be posting another ad on MM because of my test and because I have met a woman (NOT ON MM) which is the most important reason. I hope you find what you two are looking for.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 03:39

Actually, I was just thinking, after my last post .... when I first started surfing the dating sites, about two years ago, I was emailed by this guy named Allan. He was handsome, really funny, and he flattered me until I blushed. The first thing I did after we started talking on MSN was search his profile.
He had all the qualities I admired, he was good-looking, taller than me, didn't smoke, liked getting out and having fun and was single. His profile said his job was in: Construction. At first I thought, "Who cares! He's hot! How much do they pay construction workers anyway? Enough that we can go out to movies and dinner or are we going to have to split the bill?"
Sharing the bill was no problem, but I was hoping to find a guy who could afford to go out OFTEN, and not only on paydays.
I don't mean to sound shallow, naturally, but it was too late for me to change my mind about Allan, anyway. I REALLY liked him ALOT!
Our first face to face date was for dinner. He confessed he wasn't in construction but was in actual fact, a school janitor. By then tho I was so uselessly smitten he could mave been a flea trainer at a traveling circus and there was still no turning back. He held my hand and gazed into my eyes. He told me we were a perfect match and he was excited about going out together more. I was like Mowgli in "The Jungle Book," mesmerized by the smooth, hypnotic words of the boa constrictor ... as he wound and wound around me.
I don't remember telling him I was not a "wealthy" children's book author YET. I mentioned I had sold many books but don't recall telling him my publisher got most of it. Evidentally tho, I did.

That guy dumped me faster than the speed of light. Long story short.... I would have given the janitor a chance if he would have given the less than J.K. Rowling author a chance. We both lost.

Live and learn. And yet... I am not yet jaded! Crazy, romantic chick.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 03:09

Mandalay ... you're different, and you KNOW it. Ur cute as a bug's ear .............
BTW I like your pic. Which one R U?
lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 01:43

Vigorously looking through my pictures of myself without a tee shirt, ball cap and a duck! So that's been my problem this entire time! LOL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 23:50

Katiegirl.....exactly what I was going to say! Well said girlfriend!! :-) I agree with the picture...any dating site is about chemistry. The pic wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt with an Ex wife's hand on your shoulder (noted the wedding ring) doesn't do a thing for me either. I agree with the 'games' aspect. OF COURSE there are gold diggers on this site...it's expected. So you should have kept the info about your fake profile to yourself because now you will have less chance of finding something real.....for the very reason that Katie stated. A real woman is now going to think you are just testing her and playing games with her. And I have to say something that she didn't.....at the end of your post you say "thank god they don't really know what I am worth" ....you are complaining about the shallowness of women, at the same time showing how shallow you are as well. You just INVITED more gold diggers to contact your Mickey Mouse wearing profile!! It still won't be genuine, but hey! You got the responses!! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 23:29

Dallas, I ask this as a passive question and NOT an angry reaction but ... what were you hoping to gain from this "experiment?" If it was only to weed out the gold-diggers, then you succeeded. But, in the meantime, you've alienated many good women here who may have been your perfect match!
Often, men's profiles will say, "No game players wanted," but this is game-playing in the extreme!
You might be a nice guy, (you have a nice smile, even tho you're dressed in an old T-shirt in your main photo) but what can women expect in future if they are interested in you? We'd be wondering if we were interacting with the honest Dallas or if we were the subject of your NEXT experiment. Hardly a fun evening out, I would imagine, watching what I say and do in case you're documenting our date for future statistics or studies.
If you don't mind a suggestion, delete both of your profiles, the real, grungy you and the faceless fake one, and start over again, only this time, tell the truth and post a photo of yourself cleaned up and looking your best. I don't contact profiles with no photo (no matter WHAT the income) and I'm not attracted to old-looking casual clothes in the main photo. Stick the T-shirt photo in your extra pics to show you're a down-to-earth guy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 19:38

Well, this is Millionaire Match so why should that surprise you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 17:50

Well no doubt there are some like that. Myself, your a little young and a bit too far away, were my only thoughts.
Nothing about money.
There are real and non-gold digging women here just have to weed them out of the mix.
Don't put us all in the same barrel because a few are greedy!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 10:46

Very Funny Dallasman, good one ...... well for some of us, it doesn't matter if you are financially rich or poor so I'm glad you clarified that it was NOT ALL WOMEN cause I believe there are women on here you would sleep in a tent with the man they love. I hope it's not in Canada during the winter months .... smiling ... but hey, tents can be moved to warmer climates.

Loved your story!

A friendly Canadian,

Monique

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 09:05

Pretty creative study that you conducted.