#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > Internet Scams. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Internet Scams.
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 26, 2006 22:31

Back in September there was a Lady that winked at me she said she was from Dublin Dublin Ireland.

I responded to her wink and she told me that she use to have a clothing company that shut down and people owed her money and she owed money to people and that if I could cash some money orders that were bought here in America.

I told her to take them to her bank and deposit them in her acc or have one of her friends cash them her responce was I can't there not good over here still she said she can not do that this all started up 15 days into our corisponding back and forth.

I never met her in person. she kept on insting on sending me the money orders for $950.00 each 3 of them so she mail me them at my old address and I put a change of address in to get that one piece of mail.

I had Wal-Mart exam them and they said they were bad ones then I took them over to the Sherifs Department and they said its a Scam and that I need to file an online form by going to a site well.This person took her profile off this site when I told her the money orders are bad and she also told me that we should stop emailing each other for a while and as of October 3 I havent heard from her. I never cashed the money orders.This is a picture of her

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 23, 2010 10:05

I've just been winked at by a young lady of 33 (I'm 59) professing to be interested.  She's supposedly from England.  I'm gearing up for the scam to come.  It will be interesting to see as to what she will come up with considering that she confesses to be a millionaire.  I'll keep you posted.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 18:12

It is not just the "Nigerians". I experienced the same exact thing. Never got as far as getting the money order. Wanted me to open credit card accounts. I finally deleted and blocked him. It mainly the foreigners that are doing it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2010 11:11

I have seen a lot of Nigerians in Portugal cashing in their checks or collecting their money sent to them. The lady looks like from normal dating site copied... easy... I advise you to always ask them to turn on the web-cam - but here again. If they have a yahoo email account, they'll hack themselves into your data bank on your PC. Last month they even tried to rip me off: was looking for a dog and they sent photos of 2 children playing with puppies. Said they were scientists and are moving to Africa for research. They asked for 190 $ for the dogs flight ticket. What will they come up with next? Yikes.

Why do successfull and real millionaires hide their profile and photos? Because they are afraid that they’ll be exposed. Dugh. This should teach some ladies & gentlemen a lesson to NEVER talk about whom they met here.... or went out on a date with! Come on - What happened to pride, honour, loyalty and discretion??? Be honest! We've seen what happened to other celebrities! The press walked all over them.

But I must admit there are very impressive people here you'd never expect on a dating site at all, no - not even in your dreams! They are really famous, wealthy and powerful, leading businesses, are in politics and you'd know them from TV. So if you have the honor to meet them, please do make sure he/she has their privacy guaranteed when he/she talks to you and PLEASE do not blurt it out to the press, even if the date did not work out.. Life goes on. Hey.

Well listen to me giving advice? See I run a German dating website in Germany & Europe and hear a lot and experienced a lot of positive things. Did you ever think about this?
--> IF women (and men) would keep silent/discrete, there would be a lot more profile's with photos here, don't you think? This is a very sensitive situation to meet on this dating site: to be cabable to open up your heart, learning to trust a person, nervous to be turned down, uncertain if they'll be exposed etc.

My advice to all is: More honesty on the internet! Have your age, photo income and occupation verified to get rid of those Nigerian scammers and afterall this website is called Millionaire Match or not? Please consider this, imagine you were in their shoes? Isn't it hard enough to figure out if you are loved for your personality or for your $$$ ? But keep in mind that women need security too and not here to run into Nigerian scammers or useress people either.... nor married men ... It is a gentlemen’s responsibility to keep them safe and trusting again...

Good luck: Mr./Mrs. Right is out there for you, too! Give love a chance and stop being afraid of getting hurt all the time. Only if you open your heart and completely believe that the right person is out there, THEN magic can happen - smile! BUT stay safe.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 24, 2006 04:46

Yep that's a classic Nigerian scam Davy.

A local lady did cash them and send most of the money back and now is doing 6 months of weekends and has a record due to falling for this. She even cashed them at different banks, so was charged as being in on the deal.
Those money orders are often altered from like $10 to $1000. You did the right thing going to check it out. Now that the sheriff has possession of them, let them know they can contact Scotland Yard too but I highly doubt this person is in Ireland, just another Nigerian scammer!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 11, 2006 23:49

I was going to keep this information to my self but I wanted to expose her and if she trys to do this to others that see this post they will know wheather on this site or other sites.

I hope people that see this will pass this on to others on this site or other sites.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 04, 2006 12:14

I would have kept the information you learned to myself, so that she wouldn't disappear, and the authorities would have had a chance to catch her.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 30, 2006 17:51

This is a classic "Nigerian" scam and should be a lesson learned about people contacting you to make financial transactions for them. Stick with U.S. women.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 28, 2006 14:59

You can contact New Scotland Yard via the internet - there is a link for Irish authorities. I am sure they will be interested to hear from you, especially as you have hard evidence of these cheques.
Something clearly does not ring right with this situation. Good luck.
Pauline