#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Damsel in distress, seeking knight in shining armour! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Damsel in distress, seeking knight in shining armour!
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 13:06

Bill,

That has been my buddy's experience too. He works for a company that is always hiring. Every once in a while there is a guy with a sign that says will work for food.

My friend gives him a business card and says I will give you a job if you show up within the next week. So far nobody has shown up for a job offer.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 10:33

Thanks for the kind words Sharp. I am not one to give out cash handouts, but I will help those who I think are truly in need. I go down to the county recorders office almost every week. Across the street there is a park frequented by the homeless and down trodden during the day. Whenever one of them approaches me for money, I will say come on I will buy you a sandwich. The usual reaction to that is disappointment sometimes accompanied by a belligerant remark. Every now and then, the person will say thank you, God bless you and is thrilled to get something to eat from one of the street vendors. Those are the ones that make it worth while and keep me doing it. If I gave money they would just spend it on more booze...Bill

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 09:48

Bill, you are a true gentleman, and your saying about the fish is so true. I had written a post asking SpeedDallas if he was willing to step up to the plate. Went back to the forum and saw your post asking him the same and telling of your post here. I thought you were offering her money. I'm glad to see you are offering her good sound advice that may carry her thru a life time. :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 08:27

CANDY 41, I am not trying to be uncaring about your plight, but you do need to change your marketing approach. IMHO, you would do much better if you asked for some solid advice and compassion rather than asking for money. I think there are some decent caring people here that would be very willing to help out, if approached in that manner. I have a single Mom and her 7 year old son living with me since just before he was born. She had 2 part time dead end jobs when I met her and she was sleeping on her aunts couch 6 months pregnant. I was going to be out of town for a couple of months so I encouraged her to house sit for me. When I returned things were going so smoothly that I said she could stay for a while as a test. I helped her formulate some career plans and today she is a successful real estate broker. Her son has become my God son and provides me with a great deal of pleasure. I have never dated, hit on or slept with the Mom. They are too much like family for that. Besides it wouldn't work. There is an old saying. If you give someone a fish, they can eat for one day. If you teach a person to fish they can eat every day. The latter makes real sense to me. I hope it does to you, too. Good luck...Bill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 15:30

Candy41 write:
To all who ridicule, I am an educated woman. I however still find it hard to find work. I am just looking for a little help.

Candy, you would not believe the number of jobs and different types of work that I have done. I have swept floors, wash dishes, pumped gas, etc. I suggest a secondary career when the modeling business is not fulfilling your financial requirements.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 14:58

Candy many people are on MM because they work and seldom have the time to socialize and treat themselves to recreational time. So when they finally get a chance to go home and crash after a hard day's work, they browse a little on the Internet and meet people who provide photos and information about themselves that you'd never be able to get first time, if you were "out there" looking. So we are here.

And I'll see your "less fortunate" and raise you a bit more "disadvantaged!" At least you're young and a model. I don't even have THAT going for me. But if I had the nerve to beg for financial assistance on MM, I'd at least agree to a payback arrangement or some sort of trade off to make it worth their while.

Many wealthy people are benevolent, but for their OWN causes, not just the cause of one girl who wants help and hasn't any reason why they should do it for her. If you offer your services as a cleaner, let's say, THAT would be fair. If you offer your body, THAT would be called something else and you'd get booted off of MM. If you offer nothing, there's a big void question in it waiting to be answered, "What's in it for me?"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 13:04

katiegrl write:
I work my B-hind off every day. It's a matter of pride.

I have had money. Lost it in a divorce. Now I am back on top. I can say that I have held my head high, did the right things, treated my X well even though she treats me poorly, and I work hard. I think Karma works.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 23:10

You know, lots of us women who aren't rich, joke about finding some millionaire to take care of us and all that, but it's A JOKE. It happens so rarely....and I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't work. My lord, the satisfaction I get from my job -- I love that. Besides, I don't play golf.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 22:38

ScrippsRanchMel write:
Not to pick on the originator of this thread but why are there posters from time-to-time begging for money? Have the youth of our society forgotten the basics of working hard and saving?

I started working as soon as I could. I saved, got good grades in school, got the corporate job, saved more, invested well and I have achieved wealth.

I am sorry I cannot contribute. Why is it the less fortunate always have a hand out for money but they refuse to use that hand for hard work?

Hey there, Melinator! I'm up to my dainty pink, pierced earlobes in less fortune at the moment but I'd be the last one to beg for money from someone here! How cheap and desperate is THAT! I work my B-hind off every day, 18 hours, seven days weekly. The only time I even implied seeking help from anyone here on MM was to su*ck up for some business advice. I'd ask for "brain capital," but NEVER su*ck the cash out of a potential cyber-date's pocket.

It's a matter of pride.

OH NO! I've probably burst BoBo's bubble .... the one where I'm a rich heiress with a hot tub!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 07:51

There is something a little strange about this site. I frequently get what I would consider to be scam e-mails from women (who knows if they are really women?) claiming to be from eastern European countries and in need of financial help for one thing or another. It's nice to look at their photos. They are always very hot looking. I guess it is refreshing to be panhandled by someone that is at least on the same continent. LOL. I would offer to help but, I already have one single Mom and her son living with me that I help out quite a bit. One of you guys will have to pick up the slack with these two. LOL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 06, 2005 00:13

Not to pick on the originator of this thread but why are there posters from time-to-time begging for money? Have the youth of our society forgotten the basics of working hard and saving?

I started working as soon as I could. I saved, got good grades in school, got the corporate job, saved more, invested well and I have achieved wealth.

I am sorry I cannot contribute. Why is it the less fortunate always have a hand out for money but they refuse to use that hand for hard work?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 05, 2005 23:38

You know you have a fantastic body...have you considered stripping?? I know many girls that have put themselves through college doing that.

So what! You are taking off your clothes, here you are on a national dating site practically naked, so what would be the difference? Well, making your own money is what. Taking care of yourself and keeping your self-respect sure sounds better than begging money off the wealthy men of the world!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 05, 2005 22:48

Andy---this gal just looks perfect for BobbyB. I'll write her name down and give it to Bobby. I'm sure she won't mind moving to the Bayou if Bobby buys her a Greyhound ticket!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 05, 2005 21:20

Or.....here's another thought, and I'm not putting you down: get an education. There is financial aid and you will be able to get a great job anywhere you want! The most liberating thing for a woman is independence. I've had men offer to buy me many things, help with my bills, etc. and I tell them the same thing: NO. I can take care of myself! Though at lean times I've been tempted to take that help, I have never done it, I'm proud to say. The knowledge that I can take care of myself and this year even buy my own home is thrilling to me, especially since I was raised in the times of get-married-he'll-take-care-of-you-forever. HA! What a fairy tale lie that was. Get strong, darlin and take care of yourself.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 05, 2005 19:40

Wow, a real gold digger who seems sincere. How refreshing!

Loved this quote from your profile:
" I am interested in someone that is willing to spend a little money to help me advance my career in exchange for my time. just someone looking for a good friend to spend some time with, in exchange for helping me to get my career off to a good start. So please only respnd if you are serious about helping me out. I would prefer someone older than myself, but not ancient, as well as attractive. "

I saw some men last week while driving near downtown that could help you with your career. They're called "pimps" I think.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 05, 2005 18:40

May I suggest something? There is a new invention in the world called working. It's a growing fad amongst people with no money. What transpires is, you wake up in the morning, take shower, get dressed and head to a place where you use your mind, sometimes your hands to create something or help others. The place you would go to in the morning would be called a buisness. You in turn, by providing your services to the buisness would get paid. Getting paid is called, money and normally it is given to you in the form of a check. You have to take that check, sign it and deposit the money into a bank account, usually a checking account if you need to pay bills. You could put it in a savings account but I suspect you will need to be paying bills since you're all alone in the world. Get real honey, have some respect instead of begging your way through life.