#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Damsel in distress, seeking knight in shining armour! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Damsel in distress, seeking knight in shining armour!
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 13:01

Candy41 you mentioned before you were diagnosed with manic/depression and as a result unable to work by the advice of your Practitioner.

Bipolar disorder is a treatable illness. Key word treatable What sort of treatment if any have you seeked and tried? And more importantly what type were you diagnosed with? As there are many

Coping with bipolar disorder can be difficult. Support groups can be a valuable part of a wider network of social support that includes health care professionals, family, friends and a place of religious worship.

Various support groups bring together people, family and friends who are coping with any of a wide variety of physical or mental health problems. Support groups for bipolar disorder provide a setting in which people can share their common problems and provide ongoing support to one another.

Ask your doctor about self-help groups that may exist in your community. Your local health department, public library, telephone book and the Internet also may be good sources to locate a support group in your area.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 08:49

I sing the song of the down trodden.
Giving of myself what I could.
Wanting peace, stability, love.
Wanting to give in to life.
Tired of all the opposition.
Yet still moving on.
Why can't I have what you have.
What is so wrong with that?
There are pretenders through out!
To them I say to thine own sell be true.
Do not fear what you do not understand.
Instead learn not to prejudge.
There are millions of fish in the sea.
No need to compete!
Maybe we could be friends if you'd just get to know me.
Everybody wants something,
What are you here for?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 08:41

I appologize for offending the hard working people of the world. However if this site was only for the rich, why is it that when you sgn up on the site there are to classes. Seems to me you need to find a more exclusive club or site. They have them online, I went to a search engine and found several. If you want to look at me a golddigger fine, have your fun. I am just trying to get where you are and I don't have may advantages at my disposal. I am legal sick and should not be working anyway, but I still choose to try. I have children and I don't want them living in poverty because mommy is sick. Yes, I am a model, but I am often told, I am too short or not light complected enough, or too light, or not white, or too thin. These different things make up the majority of the world. Why does every model have to be tall thin and white. Women of color have to work ten times as hard and sometimes hard to find the very work that white women without any kind of talent whatsoever find in a heart beat. No I am not prejudice, I am going by experience. It is not my wish to offend anyone on this site, just stating the issues I deal with as a young woman of color. The only thing I am seen as good for is to be someones sex toy, and that is not fair to me. I am looking for more than that. I may not go out the door every day to work, but, I do work everyday. I take care of my children and still force time to go online and do job searches everyday. I also find the time to administrate my non moving business. I need some advantages, be it finding the right contacts, or someone willing to invest some time and money into me. I am not just looking for someone to take care of me, I am also looking for a partner and friend for life. So, sorry about you women and men on this site that feel I am being lazy but, step your feet in my shoes before judging me. Prejudice is unbecoming of those who consider themselves genlemen and women.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 08:08

It's beautiful country...fruits will be ready...peaches, apricots, nectarines, apples...and of course most of your vegetables.

Well, if I'm around your welcome to look me up. I haven't been since Oct. but gotta get my a$$ there in the next week to take care of some things! Work! Blah!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 06:54

A most generous offer 5 w's. Will you provide the RVs or will it be a BYORV affair? Put me down as a yes, if it ever gets off the ground...Bill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 01:46

I guess we better take applications. Then issue invitations after screening.

Better leave out Bonnie. She would argue me to death.

lol

See Bonnie, I told you I would get even eventually for turning me down.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 01:28

wwwww123 write:
.... If that isn't enough, we can rent the town. Town has 760 people. Could double the population overnight. ...

Is this town called Houma by any chance? If yes, I know the guy you need to talk to. He's buddys with the two guys that own it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 01:19

wwwww123 write:
MM Convention: I have 10 acres of parking for RV's (primitive) near two pretty ponds. Bring the whole MM community and we will have a cookout. If that isn't enough, we can rent the town. Town has 760 people. Could double the population overnight. lol

And that is a serious offer for anyone who would like to meet here.

We could have three-legged races and play tug of war! And I'd bring some paintings and BoBo could bring some oil or some cornpone or shoefly pie and other people could bring stuff and you could hold a silent auction and give the proceeds to the charity of your choice!

And after we have big fun at wwwww's we can go to Bob's to see his boat. Domino, Minerva, start saving your plane fare!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 23:11

MM Convention: I have 10 acres of parking for RV's (primitive) near two pretty ponds. Bring the whole MM community and we will have a cookout. If that isn't enough, we can rent the town. Town has 760 people. Could double the population overnight. lol

And that is a serious offer for anyone who would like to meet here.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 21:12

Sharp and 5 w's. This sounds like it could be the beginning of an MM convention. LOL. Some people on another thread were talking about having one. I don't know how realistic it is, but I think it could be a good idea.

Sharp. I see where the lake is now. It looks like it can't be more than 100 km off the AK. highway. See I am going metric for you. I am not giving up on you yet, Sharp. By the time I get that far I may need you more than your daughter needs you. LOL.

5 w's. Thanks for the offer. If it had been last summer when I was all through the east and New England, I would have taken you up on it...Bill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 20:11

5w's...Please, I beg of you, please forgive me...I did not mean to forget you! BTW guys, golfing is great in the Okanogan.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 20:05

Sharp, you keep forgetting I need you. How could you forget??

Bill, drop by Arkansas in the fall. You won't be disappointed. You can spend a month and not see all of the pretty places.

Don't bring Sharp, she forgot about me.
lol

wwwww

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 19:50

Bill...Lake Okanogan is the the Okanogan Valley, interior British Columbia...Coming off the AK hwy you will touch the tip I think of the Valley... Sicamous, Revelstoke, Roger's Pass, Golden, then Lake Louise. Spectacular drive through Golden; careful driving with a trailer, as winding road, and major cliff drop offs! Not much of a shoulder.
Lake Okanogan is between Kelowna & Vernon, British Columbia. Come September, I'll be back in Calgary. My daughter is still at home...needs me to drive her to and from school. (Sigh) It's so nice that someone needs me! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 19:13

5XW ..... I have a story I could tell you if you email me. I haven't renewed my membership yet.
:)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 17:47

Does anyone know what happens to a job hunter if they disclose their personality disorders when they apply for a job. I would expect that there would be discrimination against the person, and also insurance problems because it is a pre-existing condition. I am sure it is against the law, but employers care less about the law usually. Any real life experiences anyone?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 13:44

SIXFEETWTC write:
Hmmmmm, it seems such a convenience on here to have the ability to remove a snippet from anothers' posting and quote it out of context in an attempt to benefit ones' own.

Hey Six, I saw you laughed at my response and removed that. Come 'on. it was funny.

I wasn't trying to distort your quote but space doesn't allow us to repeat the whole post everytime. I sometimes just use quotes as placeholders so people can find the post I'm talking about. I don't feel the meaning was really distorted anyway in the context of my reply.

I'm not trying to insult you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 13:17

Sharp. Sounds like the coyotes will have trouble keeping up with you and to think I suggested you follow them south. I am going to catch the ferry up the inner passage and then drive around the AK mainland perhaps going as far north as Prudhoe bay. Then I am going to return via the AK. highway and through the Canadian rockies perhaps going as far east as Lake Louise. I dont know where Lk. Okanogan is but if I get any where near there while you're there, I will be very glad to buy dinner. Probably early to mid Sept. See how well this site works for me? LOL....Bill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 12:35

Bill...for a few weeks in July I will be in B.C. enjoying Lake Okanogan and that glorious sunshine! But August 6, I'm hoping to be on a flight destined for Mumbai, Idia to attend a traditional East Indian wedding with my girlfriend...it's her cousin getting married. Another friend told me...prepare to lose weight while I'm there! LOL
When I return I'll head back to the lake for a week, then head for a week to London, UK with my kids.
My parents & friends have done the trip to Alaska, taking the ferry & driving with Fifth wheelers...they loved it. Emerald Lake is so beautiful and emerald! lol You'll love your trip. Meeting all the people on the way will be a fun bonus.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 11:31

Sharp. I use this site more with the idea of making some friends rather than finding the perfect mate. I go on a lot of extended car trips as I like to just tool along at my own speed and check out beautiful places. I use the site to try and meet people along the way. I find that if I am upfront about what I am attempting to do, I get responses from a lot of people. This summer I am heading for Alaska. I have already started to look for friends in AK. and western Canada. It is still a little early but, I have already gotten some responses and made some tentative plans with people along the way. One thing for sure. I will be on the ferry leaving Prince Rupert, BC on 8/6/ Who knows? If you follow the coyotes south, and I follow them north we may run into each other. LOL...Bill

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 11:10

I agree with Bill...Candy's gone, maybe she found what she was looking for...new subject.
Bill & Speed lucky guys! Not too many on this site live near me. I've made some penpals, and have a nice fellow who has a talented flare for writing, but not telling me alot about himself! lol Again lives faraway. So my expectations on here are not high. It passes time when I feel a need to. glad to hear it's working for you both.