#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Villa Owners in the British or American Virgin Islands Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Villa Owners in the British or American Virgin Islands
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 00:21

Anyone here with vacation property on either the British or American Virgin Islands? If so, what are the pragmatic advantages or disadvantages of either territory in terms of property ownership? I am looking to buy into one in either territory. Thanks.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 21:19

Dorma,,,,,,, the more I read your writings here on all the topics you cover,,,, the more I want to spend time talking with you. You have a mind that is very similar to my own. Probably a light year or ten ahead of me. Yet, I just might be ahead of you here and there. I can also run fast to keep up... To say the least. you are a VERY IMPRESSIVE WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 06:43

josephdaniels88 write:
To GrapesofGoodHope: hmmmm...that was a pretty presumptious comment. I don't need to impress any 'millionairess'. (The ones I have met tend to have emotional issues; especially the trust fund babies.) My query was very pedestrian in nature. I was just doing basic research. I tend not to trust real estate agents faithfully due to a potential self-serving interests that may take precedence over a client's needs.

To Robec8: thanks for your feedback. Those comments are in line of what my expectations are.

No problem. Just do what you think is right. visit the places you like. Ask the local people about the area.
Even knock on a door or two. I did, and found the responses to be great. I met my neighbors asked questions and liked them very much. I know now, if my sister is busy and can't watch out over the property. I can count on my neighbors to help me out.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 14:50

To GrapesofGoodHope: hmmmm...that was a pretty presumptious comment. I don't need to impress any 'millionairess'. (The ones I have met tend to have emotional issues; especially the trust fund babies.) My query was very pedestrian in nature. I was just doing basic research. I tend not to trust real estate agents faithfully due to a potential self-serving interests that may take precedence over a client's needs.

To Robec8: thanks for your feedback. Those comments are in line of what my expectations are.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 14:14

Angyson write:
There are better places to spend your time. Try Tahiti, Hawaii, Mexico, Rio de Janairo.

I agree Tahiti would be very cool. I am not big on the other three.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 10:17

GeminiDi write:
I'd GLADLY house-sit!!! LOL

Ahh ... my new career!

I'll add you to the list

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 19:54

I have a house on St Croix. I look at it as more of an investment than anything else. I have a family member that has lived on the island for over 10 years, i was told it was a good deal, so i took it. As far as the other islands go. I know that each country has their own rules and regulations. Foreigners are taxed quite a bit on the non US islands. Usually you will find taxes and fee's to be ridiculous. Also if you plan on having guest stay in your place on a foreign island, you will find certain islands require more paperwork than others. Good luck to you