#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Who is actually dumb enough to believe... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Who is actually dumb enough to believe...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 07, 2007 05:12

That things such as soul mate's and
romance could exist in a time
where materialism and debauchery is rampant?

What woman ever dreams of having merely a man who may not exactly be the best looking but have the purity in his heart capable of supporting a long lasting relationship?

I merely ask out of curiosity.
It's hard to see when I've heard and READ so many things said by women...

namely SUCCESSFUL men with good looks, "charm" (debatable and subject to perspective), and an established career.

Is this what we've brought ourselves to? Or is this the way it always have been?

Shameless prostitution for one's own gain?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 09:35

What do I want with a goog looking guy that might have money but is just annoying and I have to wake up next to him every morning....god no!

PARADISE CAN BE HELL IN THE WRONG COMPANY

For me it's important to have respect and honesty, the odd laugh, lots of cuddles and speaking the same language as my other half becasue these are the things that metter in the longrun and I am not here to waste my own or anyone else's time for that matter.

I won't settle for anything less....call me dumb :)lol

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 15:36

I am dumb enough to believe there is someone for everyone.  I go to happy hour just for the social aspect and nothing comes out of it.  I would rather find someone of quality.....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 16, 2009 08:04

I am dumb too

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 15, 2009 19:31

In some way I feel you are insulting the people who believe in romance and soul mate by telling they are dumb.
Not all the women like the beach boy or maybe they like it but when they read the profile that is not enough to make a life and trust me they stop being interested when they read profiles. And is not like you like someone that is not of your like. While I was living in Europe I've got quite surprised to realize that what is considered beautiful in my country there was not. Just look the most handsome men in France, England or Germany according to their standards and ask a mexican and she will tell you: "no ,impossible". Eventhough what is beautiful for mexicans foreigners tells us no.
It is not about being beautiful is more deep, its a thing of connection with the person. As I remember I was interested once of a man who had the worst teeth and the ugliest smile and laugh. Eventhough I still remember that, like the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Because he was expressing his joy, happiness and well being. To see your beloved ones happy provides a beauty that trascends everything. Under no circumstance I would accept him to do cirgury for his teeth or to practice a smile that massive communications require as approvable. I prefer uniqueness, sincerity and joy. In old times to have a scar was a thing of pride and beauty, it was showing that the man struggled in fight in war. It was the sample of someone who dares to live, someone with courage and intelligence. Now magazines and movies show "perfect" men like dolls, you also see in TV programs men who go into cirgury. I would rather prefer him to invest that same money to learn to play an instrument or learn to do poetry.
It depends some times you feel interested in a person who is not attractive to others but it is to you. Hope you have the wisdom to realize that in the right moment ;) and that you can listen to yourself.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 23, 2009 06:39

I dream of that very often. Beauty is deep inside not just on the outside!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 05, 2009 11:34

no...having a dream of connecting deeply to another human being isn't dumb, prostitution is in the eye of the beholder, everyone is looking for something..personally I am searching for someone who hasnt money issues and is open to a relationship with someone who believes in soul mate romance and destiny....dumb is...relating on the surface with too much to lose so they are already "lost" so to speak...gone!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 08, 2007 16:09

Shazzie2 write:
well said..

Re:

I derive pleasure from clarification, Shazzie.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 26, 2007 12:46

Shazzie2 write:
You're a piece of work... I may be older than you, but I can tell you're probably just a sphincter muscle.. as big as your ego!

Re:

... And so the old woman's mindset reverts back to that of a child.

Don't tell me you've resorted to childish name calling.
I warn you, throughout my life I've been called almost everything your tiny little mind could imagine...
so putting too much effort into it could very well be a waste of your time.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 25, 2007 06:18

By the time I've "lived" my life, I'd be as old and as useless as you are.

Still in the process of living so...
consider your choice words carefully next time lest the intention behind them bite you in the ass.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 07:25

Understood.

I too find folly in the misuse of our military.

But yes, I can see where you're coming from.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 09, 2007 06:26

Or maybe they don't have careers because nowadays it truly doesn't pay to work for anyone?

Not to mention to pay for the mortgage, the bills, food, as well as health insurance, car insurance, and still having slightly enough to invest in an IRA?

Perhaps these people don't have jobs or careers because their parents were the lazy ones and were often burdened with shouldering many things at an early age that wasn't necessary at all.

You see, for every successful man out there... someone "great", there is 100 of me... maybe a 1,000 with parents who were too stupid to know the difference between an apple and an orange.
So, to compensate for their lack of motivation they instead thought it wiser to spend their money they saved up for their son's college fund on partying.

You know, I actually tried thinking positive once and all it did was slow me down. Then... he moves out of his house at the age of 16 and gets a place to stay... balances work and high school.

Well, let's put into consideration the cost of college, the Pell grant as well as some Loans.
The interest rates on those things are so high, it tends to KEEP people stuck on a spartan lifestyle.
And if there is anything -I- ever learned, is that just because you have a DEGREE it doesn't guarantee you a JOB.

So, you know what? Screw your second husband, he most likely had parents and home to support him until he was 20 something years of age.
Me? Well, after a ton of hardships and countless lessons I was forced to learn at my expense as well as having to fight hard to get someone else's scraps to survive... it turned me into the noble, upstanding man you see before you.

Tch... lazy, lack motivation, and are immature.
Ha, that'd be a laugh if it wasn't a cry.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 08, 2007 05:47

You may have given up on many things in exchange for peace of mind... or whatever you want to call whatever lies you're feeding yourself.

I, on the other hand, see no need for compromise nor do I buy into any of these excuses.
You see... I have standards and as simple as they are, they're also pure.
The fault is not my own if many of the women today cannot fit those standards.

I refuse to encourage this cycle of hand-me-down women.
I want a virgin. Plain and simple.
I can't get one? Well that's tough luck for me, right? But at least there is comfort in knowing that I stood by my standards and suffered by them like a real man.

There's also comfort in knowing that though I may not get what I want, I didn't fold like a cheap deck of cards under pressure.
These are my standards today and will be tomorrow and for years to come until the day I die.

I only ask for that one thing in life and if I can't get it... well, I'm pleased in knowing that I stood by what I believed. No matter how foolish it seems to everybody else.

You may have sacrificed some shreds of your dignity for a moments piece of mind... but I sacrifice nothing and I will compromise nothing.

I will -not- change my attitude, nor will I put up a mask to cover what lies underneath the skin. That's a "players" job. Me? I grew up once I graduated high school so I have no need to play those games.

But for you to actually believe that your way of thinking is original for it's time...embers..
Not tryin' to knock your hustle or anythin' but...
That itself is a joke all of it's own and you're the punchline behind it.

Now, if there isn't anything else you'd like to add?
Because your sorry attempts at wit only grate at the reader's mind I assure you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 06, 2007 05:34

What can I say?

Ignorance is bliss and if you'd rather stick your head in the sand... by all means!

Truth of the matter is you're getting older and it's only going to get that much harder.
After all, you're only going to be stuck with someone else's damaged goods.
I don't you think you care though.
Pity, perhaps with all of the men your "soul mate" might've been with she could chalk it up for experience.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your turn on the merry-go-round soon enough.