#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Action & adventure > What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 11:08

"What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love?"

Like Robert Burns' "Tam O'Shanter", this is also a cautionary tale about the evils of drink. Now read on...

Quite a few years ago, I had an "ex" who was a keen rock-climber. At the time, I suffered from extreme vertigo, so when she had asked me to go climbing I had always said "no". However, one evening in the pub, when I had had far, far, too many beers, she asked if I wanted to go climbing the next day and of course (in a moment of infatuated weakness) I said "No problem!".

The following day found me on a rope up a 500' climb in North Wales, coping (just about) and trying not to look down - and then my feet slipped. I only went about 6 inches before the rope stopped me. After that I had a lot of confidence in the whole proceeding.

The episode also cured my fear of heights (or at least made it more pragmatic): once you have experienced a 500' or a 2000' sheer drop below you, 10 or 20 feet is nothing.

The other aftermaths: well, I'm a lot more restrained in what I drink these days!

As a more serious comment, in later years (when I had two falls that were an awful lot further than 6") I realised that Dame Fortune only rolls out so much luck, which is why I don't do serious climbing any more.
I'm sensible enough to quit whilst I'm ahead.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 08:22

The craziest i've ever done for love must have been when i was 16.
I sold all my stuff, and bought a plane ticket to Brussels, Belgium and ran away from home.
To live with an crazy artist i met one night in stockholm, we had only spent 6 hours together. But We lived happily and in love for 4 months, before i got tired of him and had to call my mother and beg her to pay my plane-ticket back to sweden =)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 08, 2009 02:43

I brought a guy from Uzbeckistan over to thailand where I was working as a dive instructor. Maybe he loved me too but it ended up costing a lot of money and heartbreak. Still I am glad I took the chance and his life is now better because of it. We are still friends so that is what counts.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 01, 2008 12:39

Well this probaley sounds a little weird, and I can't really believe I did it myself, but at my karate class I tryed to break a brick and ended up with scratches on both my foot and wrist.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 16, 2007 04:14

Dream guy was prepared to stake his job of not flying out for his business travel, to stay on with me when i was vacationing in his home country. i was moved and told him to go to work and come visit me at my home. he told me so just 3 hours short of the take-off time and that's when i knew he was deep in love.

when he called in to my vacation home, i was all willing and paid for an air ticket which i never got to use becos i had lost my passport and was waiting for the papers to be made out that had allowed time for the holiday romance to blossom.

things that we do for love * no regrets!
i will love again **

(great thread, sadly broken becos of these chat on culture-set abuse, that i would like to start posting on again)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 07, 2007 18:17

Got married

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 12, 2007 15:23

Hi Everyone!

Hey Big Boz Ma'am Sweetie,

That Alligator pic is sure one good one darling. Where did you ever get that one at? BTW- I see your ol friend AR Redneck is back, lol. Wanna go have some fun? He blew up his still making another batch of shine. See ya there cutie! Talk to ya soon.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 11, 2007 10:06

Mandalay207 write:
I'm not to sure he's a mastor of bator either. He's only been doing that for a couple years. Takes years of practice to perfect the art.

Re:

and you would know that how?? hahahahhahhaaa (bows down to the TRUE master of bator!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 11, 2007 10:04

petiteone40 write:

Mandalay207 write:
Amaster Wrote:

i wans had to eat my girl frind out to get head

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the women on this site. 99.99999% of Ohio men are not like this. By the way, what are you "Amaster" of?

He is 18, certainly not a master of much..maybe a master of bator?

Re:

Angie...I love you woman!! I laughed my ass off at this!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 07, 2006 18:57

sometimes when I'm trying to get a break in dense traffic
I'll pull out and make calculations rather pronto to blend in with the flow
being good at it I usually find the flow w/o interrupting anyone's speed or needing them to brake
but when I get in lane invariably a car will increase speed and pass me just because
I "cut" in front of them

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 24, 2006 15:46

Hi there

When I was home in January a friend was helping me with a medical problem, which he helped me sort out in Durban, while he lives in another Province.

Then he just kept call and realised he was 'chatting me up' - a very nice surprise.....anyway I returned to the UK and he kept calling.

Then he said 'lets go to Paris and I have some talks in London, so we'll go there afterwards'

I always stay in a very nice hotel in London, so I arranged a dinner with a 4 string quartet. The staff were fantastic and very excited, as they know me very well.

So - it was all set up in another room - I just said 'Keep Tuesday Night Free!!'

Well, he was so surprised - speechless in fact and that is a first for him - it was beautiful evening.

I wore a ballgown and he wore his tux....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 19, 2006 12:59

This is about as crazy as it gets!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 04:14

lets see my ex told me to get a place for me and her and i did but me being nice i put her name on the papers well i now live with parents tell i can get a place of my own when i can go back to work when the doctors let me.love or lust was it don't know but i gave it my all and that is what counts i think

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 11, 2006 21:04

"What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love"

Bunjee jumping..

I never really liked my ex-bf's hobby(bunjee jumping) but when he passed away due to lung cancer, I jumped once for him. I was totally scared but I have overcomed it for love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 15:35

"What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love"

Got married!

Stayed that way for 16 years before she past away. But I am still the eternall optimist similar to Inspiration2005...

-D.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 21:14

dam i think i am in love will u make me dinner lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 07:45

Gave up my entire life in one state and moved to another on other side of state for a man I loved for over 10 year...this did not last though due he was PSYCHO

Think I am now becoming "a fine" sweet maybe a bit fruity LOL "wine"... Divorce didn't even turn me bitter ;)

And sorry wow musashi_flex is very hot :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 04, 2005 15:35

The craziest thing I've ever done for love? Stay in a DOOMED RELATIONSHIP because I was "in love!!!!!!" BLEAH!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 24, 2005 16:40

maayan write:

Cub39 write:

Did you pass the test? Or spill all over the place?

Have I ever failed you my darling? Or would you rather have me repeat HERE what Bonnie and I just shared?

lol...the Columbus party started here in Singapore...I think discretion is the better part of valour...I prefer to observe legal secrecy..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 18, 2005 17:42

Cub39 write:
lmao
look what I started.
and I wasn't even around last week!
funny stuff.

Bon-Bon will carry on,
saying much more from Singapore.

Me neither..I m suppose to be out of site...and I find myself being mentioned in threads where I have not even left any trail...so the Singapore girl can't even take a decent rest without creating a scandal....me a bon-bon girl to Cub...I might just start a jealousy war here inadvertently!!...lol ..Cub you will sure be a topic of our lunch or tea when Maayan and I meet!!