How about a conference/convention for MM? Friendship

• View author's info Author posted on Jan 15, 2005 19:21

Hi all,
    a few of us have been emailing thinking we'd like to see a conference/convention for all us MM members.
    We have a lot of great ideas on what to do, and how to fill the time and all finally get to sit down and have coffee together. I emailed MM with the idea.

So what do you think? Would you go to a conference? What would you like to see at one, ie seminars, dances, tours etc?
    Let us know if we are just delusional or if you think it's a great idea! Do you have skills/connections to help organize one? Would you volunteer to help out? What would you feel is fair to pay to attend?
    Come on let us know what you think and if this could fly?
    Thanks,
    IB
  • 39Comments

• View author's info posted on Sep 28, 2005 11:49

Geez Sharp! I can't believe that members have been emailing MM for an organised get together since JANUARY!!! And as far as I can see no one has received a reply!!! I have also emailed MM with regards to the same but didn't receive a 'thank you and we will get back to you'...or an acknowledgement that they even received my email!!

As I suggested earlier on the suggestion board...I REALLY think MM should use their 'support' profile and start answering some of the questions put to them!!! Whats the point of a support if they don't ....SUPPORT their members!!!
  • View author's info posted on Sep 22, 2005 21:10

Hey now, why not the Midwest! KC MO would be a great place!
  • View author's info posted on Jun 03, 2005 23:03

Min..you're right..what bum CP? We
    are prepared to show u our knickers and u need to reciprocate...lol
  • View author's info posted on Jun 03, 2005 00:14

champagnepowder write:
    Wow, I missed the entire planning of a trip while I was away. So when are you ladies coming? I'll be on the lookout. Want to meet up along the PCH and the shores of the Pacific. I'll be there in two weeks. I hear the wine country is great ;-)

CP I would go to PCH at a drop of a hat, esp if someone is driving since I can't drive on the wrong side..and that is just the most beautiful stretch of the US.. except I may have to go back to Bulgaria , reluctantly I say, I m hoping to give the excuse that my visa was only a single entry and I just can't bear going to yet another round of application at the embassy...yes, you will love the wine country, go watch 'Sideways' the movie about 2 guys who took off down that route on a wine tasting leg jsut before one of them got hitched..
  • View author's info posted on Jun 02, 2005 10:50

Hmmm..right on, REd spice, Oriental spice, Maple syrupy spice, Euro spice...lol ..we are the old spice girls..lol spicing up some hunky beef slice...
  • View author's info posted on May 30, 2005 22:59

....Hey don't leave me behind.....LOL...i want to be of the party too.....LOL

Hey, Baby GAb..of course you are our mascot with your flaming red head..the spice baby that will give the sizzle and the bang to our cracker party on the road...so pack your bags girls , the road show is on!!
  • View author's info posted on May 30, 2005 22:56

Help! Where are all the American women here? They are being taken over, and their very best mates might be snatched away from them!

And I got the right of abode and be British too..hey CUB, think of it as a damn good bargain..you get two or MORE for the price of one..
    and what a lot of education..and change of diet is always good for the system..now u could add real Greek, Lux, Canadian, Oriental dishes cooked with lots of TLC for you..and who needs McDonald when you have fine cuisine!!??
  • View author's info posted on May 30, 2005 06:29

Minerva415 write:

Bonnie88 write:
    Sounds like a GRAND idea Bonnie!
    I don't think Cub, www and CP will ever be the same again after this encounter.... lol
    Hey Sharp! We'll pick you up along the way! Yeah, I forgot - you live kinda far away too!

About time these all American males get a bit of sophisticated European ., Oriental and neighborly Canadian exposure..otherwise they think they are king of the universe..lol

Hahahahahaaaa... hear that guys??

....Hey don't leave me behind.....LOL...i want to be of the party too.....LOL
  • View author's info posted on May 29, 2005 23:33

Sounds like a GRAND idea Bonnie!
    I don't think Cub, www and CP will ever be the same again after this encounter.... lol
    Hey Sharp! We'll pick you up along the way! Yeah, I forgot - you live kinda far away too!

About time these all American males get a bit of sophisticated European ., Oriental and neighborly Canadian exposure..otherwise they think they are king of the universe..lol
  • View author's info posted on May 29, 2005 07:34

Min, Let's just do it whether the rest are going to organise it or not..you and domino and I could all converge in London , have a blast first and kick off from here..if we get on board at all..lol
    I don't mind where in the US cos I go there anyway, west or east..or middle..or Alaska or S. America even...lol ..
    Shall we just drop in on Cub and www, CP and scare them off their pants?...lol
  • View author's info posted on May 28, 2005 17:40

My beach house in gulf shores is an option...mary and i were already talking about meeting there anyways. Sort of a 1/2 point
  • View author's info posted on May 27, 2005 23:57

I am new on here. I vote a big YES to the idea of a "convention" or whatever you want to call it.

No to a cruise. Got to be a beach (so what if I live a block from the beach!) Myrtle Beach is overrun with high schoolers & college agers during the summer. South Fla is good (naturally). Maybe south west Florida, (south of Tampa). What about the Bahamas? Or we could go to Dallas. I would love to meet 1hotmama, among others.

I also would go to one in Europe. Budapest is a beautiful city (I went there in 98). London is too bloody expensive for most people. Paris is perfect, but for some, too expensive (I go there 3 to 5 times a year).

Anyway, it should be done!
  • View author's info posted on May 03, 2005 21:14

Hey Donald Duck is on here. That is nice and friendly.
  • View author's info posted on May 03, 2005 06:39

Lovely, I am updating my passport as we speak....great thread...lets keep it up.. I can't wait to meet you each in person....
  • View author's info posted on Apr 27, 2005 05:16

Yes Minerva, Prague is still cheap and beautiful I heard, and I will be shown around Sofia by locals..and be involved with them on a cultural/musical project so will let you know , apparently food is fantastic..
  • View author's info posted on Apr 26, 2005 10:43

Minerva,
    I would be more than happy to cordinate London as a stopover or center..if I am around at that time.
    Prague, I hear is a beautiful city too. I m leaving for Sofia , Bulgaria next week for work , will check it out and report. Europe has a great deal to offer in terms of history and culture, so it depends on what everyone is keen to do.
  • View author's info posted on Apr 25, 2005 12:58

The last time I was in Vegas was in my 20s, saw a programme about the new face lift and how it has become a family attraction now.
    It would be a good idea if someone near there plans it..
    HOtmama ..is girly chatting not a way of relaxing?
    I would have thought you would love that seeing how you are a sizzling life-wire on this forum..and would expect you to be just that if there was a conference..:)
  • View author's info posted on Apr 24, 2005 12:24

HI friends,
    I have been surfing around and contributing my two bits of opinion for a while on this forum..and seem to notice that there is a sort of regular bunch around..and they happen to be mainly female of a certain age range with a smattering of guys..now if there is to be a conference or informal get-together , I would guess there would be more female participants than male..just judging by the participants on this forum alone..
    Ever thought of going to a SPA where we could all relax , pamper ourselves and chat through the night?
    The other suggestion is that since there are so many of us who come from different parts of US and the world, how about visiting each others' cities and the local host finds the accomodation for the rest and it would be fun to have the host show us around..and we could plan a sort of laid back agenda..for all to do..
    I do travel alot for my work and play..and could suggest alot of places one could see in Europe or UK..if anyone is interested in London ..or the Fareast and Asia..let me know..
  • View author's info posted on Mar 29, 2005 15:13

Well that is positive feedback at least...I'm game for it all...I love mixers...heck love just meeting new people from all over the world...heck I've met a few women on here that I enjoy talking to more than some of the men that have emailed me...NOOOOOO I'm not that way...just nice ladys :)
Follow - Email me when people comment