A WOMEN'S VIEW OF MEN... One for you StarV. lol
SV, a male acquaintance sent me this today! Thought I'd share it with everyone in contrast to your DICTIONARY: DECODING A WOMAN'S VIEW ... LOL
A WOMAN'S VIEW OF MEN...
1. Men are like .......Laxatives ...... They irritate the shit out of
2. Men are like .......Bananas ...... The older they get, the less firm
3. Men are like .Weather ..... Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like .Blenders .... You need one, but you're not quite sure
5. Men are like ......Chocolate Bars ... Sweet, smooth, & they usually
right for your hips.
6. Men are like ....Commercials ...... You can't believe a word they
7. Men are like ...Department Stores ..... Their clothes are always 1/2
8. Men are like ........Government Bonds ..... They take soooooooo long
9. Men are like ......Mascara ...... They usually run at the first sign
10. Men are like .......Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a
11. Men are like .... Snowstorms ..... You never know when they're
how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.
12. Men are like ........Lava Lamps .... Fun to look at, but not very
13. Men are like .Parking Spots ....... All the good ones are taken, the
rest are handicapped.
Now send this to all the remarkable women you know, as well as to any
understanding good-natured, fun kinda guys you might be lucky enough to
Post / view comments (4)
Forward to friends
For All You Americans
This is an update on Canadians for all you silly Americans...
I recently returned from a cruise. 85% of the cruise was comprised of Americans, of which 7 were sitting at our dinner table. A few nights ago, one of the gentlemen, who was 61 yrs, asked if we celebrated Easter in Canada! lol Of course we do! One of his companions explained it was a Christian celebration, and there were Christians in Canada. Next, this same gentleman asked if we celebrated Christmas. Yes we do that too! Not satisfied, he asked if we celebrated Christmas on December 25, to which I replied in a solemn tone and serious face, "No, we celebrate Christmas in March." Gullible as he was, he asked, "Really?" lmao
In another conversation with students my daughter met (ages 17 & 18), I was asked if I always lived in Canada. Born & raised! But I did tell them that my Mother & Grandparents were Americans. Their next question, asked in an incredulous tone of voice was, "Why did they move to Canada?" Well, I can't answer that question, but can surmise that both my grandparents attended McGill University where they met. I guess they just liked Canada and decided to settle there.
Americans really know very little about Canada. I respect that they love their country and believe their country to be the greatest. But I love my country too. And it may not be a 'super power' sitting on the Security Council of the UN, BUT it is a beautiful, vast country. We have an excellent infrastructure with respect to education systems, medical, transportaton, etc. We are a democratic society. We do not all speak French. We do speak English. We do not all say "A" at the end of our sentences. But I'm sure we all say it occasionally. lol We do not pronounce 'again' like 'agen' as in USA. We pronounce 'again' like 'a-gain' with a long 'a' sound in the 'gain' syllable. We do not say 'aboot', only Newfies do that! lol We pronounce it 'a-bout' as in 'out'.
We are NOT a third world country. We do not live in igloos contrary to popular belief for those who live way South of the border! lol
Unlike Mexico, Cuba, China we are not contriving to escape to the USA illegally ... we love our Country ... we have a good living here, therefore, we are quite content to continue living here. The cold can be endured. We dress for it! There are many snowbirds who migrate to Florida, or Arizona for 6 months each year during the Winter, but many choose to migrate to tropical places such as Costa Rica, or Mexico ... those would be my primary choices.
Our Conservative government is similar to the US Republican government, as is the Liberal government similar to the US Democratic government. Hence Bush's immence dislike for Chretien, and Bush's liking of our new Prime Minister Harper.
So now you know a little more about Canadians. :-)
Post / view comments (20)
Forward to friends