There are so many scammers on dating sites that you meed to take precautions. Many are now in chat rooms so it is spreading.
1) It is okay to chat just don't give anyone personal information until you or MM has verified who he is.
2) Scammers will ask you to set up a yahoo.com account and once you talk to them at yahoo they can hack you and get personal information from your computer.
3) NEVER and I mean NEVER sent a man money. No true gentleman would ever ask you for money.
4) Most scammers profiles are fake (usually only have one photo). The information is well written but once you get emails or chat with them their English sucks.
5) Most scammers say they work abroad in the gem or engineer trade or minning trade. I have also had some say they are servicemen in Iraq (talk about sleazy).
6) Don't give them your full name, account numbers, email address, home address and certainly NOT your phone number. They will pester you!! There are many wonderful men on this site and most have more than 1 photo and they will never ask you to talk on Yahoo or another site. BE CAREFUL AND BE SAFE. When in doubt report your concern to the support staff. They do a great job of investigating.
Good Luck in life and in love.