Kind gentlemen...With the intent of assisting our fellow Blogland Sisters in understanding men... please add on to this list of things that make us smile... And
SISTERS? Any tips on what has worked for you to make a man smile would be helpful to the other ladies here, as well.
So, the list below is the start.
1. Greet him at the door with a warm smile and a big hug after being away...
2. Call him at work just to say "Hi, my sexy man! I can't wait for you to come home..." Leave out the detail that you want him to unclog the toilet and clean up the dogs throw up when he gets home... That can wait.
3. Tell him what is on your mind when there is something bothering you, rather than expecting him to just know what it is... After a while, he will be able to read your mind... some of the time.
4. Tell him up front when you want him to solve your problems, and when you want him to just listen to your problem... It will always go much better that way if he knows in advance...
5. Men are extremely sensitive to visual stimulation.... Greet him at the door wearing lingerie or just something revealing... every now and then (when the timing is right)...
6. If he is sitting, come up behind him, and kiss the side of his neck softly from behind and rub your hands firmly down his chest... (nice!)
7. Lean up against him, and kiss his ear for a second or too, with some hot breath, and then whisper softly that he makes you hot and you want him to take you to bed... (Instant smile...No. On 2nd thought, ear to ear grin!)
9. Make wise, reasonable spending decisions... plan ahead for the larger purchases, stay on budget if there is one, and keep him informed. He doesn't want to know about every little thing, just when the big bills are going to hit... (is that too much to ask?). Financial stress can wipe away smiles real fast.
10. Be playful, kid around, keep your sense of humor... remember, men are just Big Boys and they want to have Fun...
11. Have a really nice picture of you and him framed for him to put in the office; one where you are looking especially sensational, and he is not looking too hideous... Guys got to have something to brag about...
12. Role play as a prelude to sex now and then...
13. Prepare a really nice romantic candle lit meal (with the kids at the neighbors), talk about anything but work. Wine him up, and seduce him... I promise you he will show you his appreciation for your hard work...
14. When with a group of friends or at a party full of strangers, come back over to him every now and then throughout the evening and give him a hug and a long kiss(not too long, or they'll tell you to "Get a room!"). Let every man in the room know you are his. Men are territorial and somewhat possessive...
15. Smile at him from across a crowded room, and wink. Every now and then throw in subtle, discreet, somewhat lewd, sexual gestures (like and raising your eye brows) just for a laugh... Those gestures should scream "I Want You, Baby!"
16. Tell his friends, relatives, prospective clients, and especially his boss what a phenomenal guy he is while he is standing there to hear it... Men always smile when their heads are are swelling...
17. Bring him a cold drink when he's working on some project around the house, and tell him how much you appreciate it...
18. Surprise him with your hair colored a color you know he'll like, just for him... (same goes for length and cut).
To be continued by you...
1. Tell her she is beautiful
2. Hold her hand at any moment . . . even if its just for a second.
3. Hug her from behind
4. Leave her voice messages to wake up to.
5. When she is upset, hold her tight and tell her how much
she means to you.
6. Recognize the small things . . . they usually mean the
7. If you're talking to another girl, when you're
done talking, walk over and hug her and kiss her....let
her know she's yours and they aren't.
8. Write her notes or call her just to say "hi"
9. Introduce her to your friends . . . as your girlfriend.
10. Play with her hair.
11. Pick her up (she loves it)
12. Get upset if another guy touches her and she doesn't
13. Make her laugh
14. Let her fall asleep in your arms.
15. If she's mad at you, kiss her.
16. If you care about her, then (we all know this is a challenge)
17. Every guy should give their girl 3 things: a stuffed
animal(she'll hug it everytime she goes to sleep),
jewelry(will treasure it forever), and one of his t-shirts
(she'll most likely wear it to bed) and don't forget
to bring her flowers or something special once in a while.
18. Treat her the same around your friends as you do when
19. Look her in the eyes and smile.
20. Hang out with her on weekends (guys, this WILL NOT, i
repeat WILL NOT kill you)
21. Kiss her in the rain (girls love this)
22. Kiss her just for the heck of it
23. If you're listening to music, let her listen too.
24. Remember her birthday and get her something, even if
its simple and inexpensive, it came from YOU. it means all
the world to HER.
25. When she gives you a present on your birthday, Christmas,
or just when ever, take it and tell her you love it, even if
you don't (it'll make her happy.)
26. Always call her when you say you will, it may not seem
like it, but it does hurt her and makes her think you don't care - so call even if you can only talk for a minute.
27. Read whatever you can find on how women think and what they like. You study for school and work about stuff that brings you very little joy. Why neglect studying a subject that can impact your whole life?!
28. Learn about what it takes to make her "toes curl", and then practice that over and over until you get it right.... And then, of course, never forget it, and never stop doing it... (Oh, unless whatever "it" is changes, which may occur without warning, so be prepared to adapt!)
29. Tell the kids how absolutely fantastic there Mom is... over and over...
30. get really creative on special occasions. Give a lot of thought. The more time you put into planning, the more she will appreciate it. Let it be a surprise if possible...
31. Spontaneously jump on a plane, train or automobile, and go Meet her, wherever she may be, and damn the consequences! :o)
This is for you. A constant daily reminder of the deep heartfelt love I have for you... A reminder of the Valentines day when you awoke to a bed covered with long stem red roses, and a trail of roses petals leading out the room through the house, and down the stairs .... and every few feet along the way the petals come to a long white box, and inside a single, red long stem rose with a one or two word message, and then another box and another, and at the end of the trail of petals and rose boxes, a huge bouquet of 2 dozens of the most beautiful red roses you had ever seen... and the concluding part of the trail of messages that were "If"... "a single" ..."red rose"... "means"... "I love you".. "then"... "this"... "must" ... "mean".... "I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I Love you!"....
This is for the smile I saw on your face that morning... and the tear I made fall from your eye... For you, my love... For all those special memories you have given me... and for the many, many more that we shall share in the future.... I love you. Will you be with me forever? Will you marry me?
This token is for when you dress for those special ocassions, knowing that you will be seen and studied by those who are missing what you have... those who wish to be loved and adored and cherished by a special man... who long for genuine, heart felt affection and attention from someone who satisfies their every need, who knows their heart, who understands their needs...
This is for you, not to bring sadness at the misfortune of those who have not, but to bring joy to you as you are reminded of what you once also longed for and now have acquired...and also to bring joy to those who gaze upon the sparkle of this pendant and the glorious genuine smile above it, giving them joy through the hope that you give them that they too can accomplish the seemingly impossible... to find that special someone who can put a smile on their face just like the one you are wearing...
This token is for when you look in the mirror, and your eye catches the sparkling brilliance on your ears (a brilliance that is only surpassed by the radiance of those mesmerizing eyes...) and you smile back at your reflection as your mind wanders to the time when I gave them to you... casually pulling them from under the pillows just after an absolutely amazing night of wild passion.... helping you nervously, excited put them on with a soft, brush of a kiss after each ear is adorned... and falling to sleep with that same ear to ear smile as you see in the mirror...