Every dating site has scammers. THIS site takes scammers seriously and investigates every complaint and will remove scammers immediately!!! There are a few things you need to look for when talking to a man/woman that could be a potential "scammer".
1) They are not very talkative (in private chat) and answer questions with short answers.
2) Their English is terrible!! They might even tell you they are from a different country to explain their bad language.
3) They are Engineers, Gemologists, in the Medical field, in the US Army (that one pisses me off the most).
4) They will call you dear, queen, lovely, hello pretty, etc.
5) They will tell you age or distance does not matter......love has no boundaries....blah blah blah.
6) They "will llike to get to know you better"., if you dont mind.
7) If someone is serious about you they will want to meet you (face to face) within a short time. Scammers will make excuses not to meet you.
8) Do not give anyone (that you have not met) your phone number or personal email. Scammers are eager to get you off this site and will usually ask you on your first conversation. Communicate on this site until you are sure he/she is genuine.
DO NOT send money (and they will ask you for it). They will tell you their mother or kid is sick, their computer is broken, hotel denied credit card, they are widowed or spouse was killed in an accident, their kids lives with grandparents.......lots of sob stories.
If you question someones identity......ask this site to help you to check him/her out. They are happy to do that, after all they hate scammers more than we do.
We are all looking for someone to love and there really are some amazing people here. Dont be discouraged.......you will have to weed through the crap to get to the good stuff. I hope this information will be useful and save you some grief down the road. Happy searching!!